Source language: Translate to:

NeoPaint 5.0 Beta Test Announcement

General questions about using NeoPaint

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoPaint 5.0 Beta Test Announcement

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu May 31, 2012 6:04 pm

The NeoPaint 5 Beta Test is over. For more information about NeoPaint 5, please visit: http://www.neosoftware.com/npw.html

While this is primarily a NeoBook forum, I thought this announcement might of interest:

We are pleased to announce that NeoPaint 5.0 is currently undergoing beta testing. Interested NeoPaint and NeoBook users are invited to participate.

While version 5 should feel familiar to longtime NeoPaint users, it includes many new capabilities. Some of the many new tools and features that can be found in NeoPaint 5 include:

• New enhanced user interface and faster performace.
• 32-bit Alpha Channel support.
• Layers.
• Multi-resolution icons and cursors.
• New drawing and painting tools: Crop, Pen, Alpha Channel, Color Tint Brush, Tooth Whitener.
• Dozens of enhancements to existing drawing and painting tools.
• Support for 35 RAW image formats.
• Improved text formatting, options and effects - including choice of anti-aliasing quality, line spacing and rotation angle.
• Levels/Histogram adjustment.
• Curves adjustment.
• Full screen editing.
• Text, cutouts, gradients and stamps can be rotated interactively - to any angle.
• Gradient and tile fills can be applied to any object.
• Dozens of new special effects.
• Support for many Adobe™ Photoshop™ plug-ins.
• Improved screen capture (NeoGrab) with website capture feature.
• Dynamic undo/redo reduces memory requirements and speeds up editing of large images.
• Export to PDF.
• Unicode.
• Improved scanner and camera support.

Before you continue, please remember that this is a pre-release beta test version and is intended for use by experienced users only. Keep in mind that this beta version is unfinished and may contain errors and bugs. Use this software at your own risk. Always make backups of critical files before editing them with this version!

So that existing NeoPaint users may continue to use the current 4.7 version, the beta test will be installed in a different folder. Both versions can be installed on the same PC. the beta version may be uninstalled at any time without interfering with version 4.7.

The beta can be downloaded from the special web page below:

http://www.neosoftware.com/npwbeta.html

Thanks for your help. We look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.
Last edited by Neosoft Support on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby HPW » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:01 am

Hello,

Many thanks for this new work-horse.
neopaint 4.7 is a important tool in my toolbox.

There are some exiting new features like layers.
A lot to learn how to use it best.

I believe that it was a hard work to get it done.
Lots to test.

Regards

Hans-Peter
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby Tony Kroos » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:36 am

some filters (glass) have "tile" effect for large images, is this supposed to be? I think it should be applied smoothly across entire image without "mosaic"... or maybe effects apply as a predefined textures with certain maximum size?

p.s: you may add a right-click menu with properties for layers in "layers panel", it would be much more intuitive and handy rather than a button.
Tony Kroos

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:58 am

some filters (glass) have "tile" effect for large images, is this supposed to be? I think it should be applied smoothly across entire image without "mosaic"... or maybe effects apply as a predefined textures with certain maximum size?

Some of the effect do use a repeating patter image. The source images are a fixed size, so I'm not sure how to improve that without making the files enormous. Usually, the pattern will look OK if you zoom to 100%.

p.s: you may add a right-click menu with properties for layers in "layers panel", it would be much more intuitive and handy rather than a button

Good suggestion.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Glad to see

Postby BRobinsonS » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:49 am

Not sure if I'm much of a beta tester, but good to see layers.
Although I tried other paint programs, I always seem to return to Neopaint to 'get the job done'. I noticed the images (icons) are much sharper.

Been using Neopaint since DOS days.

Looking forward to final (or is it ever final) version.
Brian Robinson
'When all else fails, try again!'
www.ComputerSoftwareSystems.com
BRobinsonS

Postby Luiz Alfredo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:07 pm

Congratulations. I liked it. And also the About Box.
L.A.G.M.
Luiz Alfredo

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:23 pm

NeoPaint 5.0 Beta 3 is now available for download from the special web page below:

http://www.neosoftware.com/npwbeta.html
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:17 am

We're just putting the finishing touches on NeoPaint 5 now and plan to release the software on Monday or Tuesday of next week.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to General NeoPaint Discussion