Source language: Translate to:

About a possible way to register plugins 'in a batch'

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

About a possible way to register plugins 'in a batch'

Postby dec » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:52 am

Hi there,

I choose to publish this question here instead of write directly to Dave, since maybe the question and the possible answer can help to others NeoBook plugins developers. Anyway I hope for help from Dave or anyone that can help me in this task.

A customer tell me about a possible program to use in order to register various plugins in a time. Now, in order to register a plugin, it's needed to introduce the user name and serial number separatelly for every plugin. I'm thinking on this sometime ago, but my conclusion is that it's not possible, since NeoBook make some tasks in order to complete the plugin registration.

But maybe Dave can surprise us (like in many other situations) with a possible way to register more than one plugin "in a batch", for example, with certain NeoBook command line argument or something else. If finally this it's not possible, considerer to add to a the new NeoBook version, the next release or after this, just when you have the sufficient time and resources.

Always thank you veryt much for your help.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby dec » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:01 am

Hi again,

Ok. I need to add something more. In fact, even when NeoBook need to make certain task when a plugin is registered, the truth is that differents plugins have differents user registration data. So, in fact NeoBook is in the middle, but the plugins don't cooperate too much.

And other thing more. Maybe a possible solution to this, can be to make a copy of the appropiate Windows Registry keys. So, in fact the user need to register the plugins (separatelly) at least one time, but, then, it's possible to reuse the data stored on the Windows Registry.

And maybe, if this task is considerer a little dirty to the user, maybe it's possible to make a program that export and import the appropiate Registry keys. So maybe I need to rethink my first question a little more before I publish it? But hey, since it's now published, finally maybe we can take some conclusion around this question.
dec

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:32 am

I suppose exporting and importing the appropriate registry sections might work. However, you want to take care to insure that it doesn't create an easy way for people to steal plug-ins.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby dec » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:48 am

Hello,

Thank for your answer Dave. Yes. I'am working on an small application in order to export the appropiate registry keys, but, since this can cause certain problems (because the exportation routine may don't support ANY of the possible registry values/formats) and because a user always can use the RegEdit program (included on Windows) in order to export the appropiate registry keys... I think that I'm tell to my customer how to use the RegEdit program in order to export the appropiate keys and nothing more. In fact can be the best solution.

On the other hand, like you and others software developers, my principal concern is to make happy to my customers, with good products, good support and everything that we can do in order to satisfied it. In other words we cannot take too much care about possible "abuses", since this question take time that can be used in other more productive works. But I don't know why I put this speech here... and to you... that have to much experience in this field, too much compared with me.

Thanks again for your answer! ;)
dec

Postby dec » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi again,

Maybe this program from www.neobookeros.com.ar can be useful to people who wanted to save their plugins installations. Follow this link -the page is translated using Google Translate, but the program is also available in english:

goo.gl/PfLVe
dec

Return to PlugIn Discussions