Source language: Translate to:

Error setting path: C:\

Questions and information about using VBScript and JavaScript in NeoBook functions

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Error setting path: C:\

Postby Ferdari » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:37 am

When clicking on Functions from the menu, this error shows "Error setting path: C:\" and the functions browser never show. i can't use Functions in my neobook, i tried to fix this by searching in the options and in the windows registry but i can't find the Functions default dir,

is there a way to fix this issue?

Note: my Windows is not in C:\ drive
http://www.noten.in
We have Apps!
Ferdari

Postby Gaev » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:33 am

Ferdari:

NeoBook stores all Function files in a folder (called Functions) within your NeoBook folder.

So if (for example) your NeoBook is installed in the c:\NeoBook folder, look for a folder called c:\NeoBook\Functions ... if it does not exist, try and create an empty one with Windows Explorer.

If this is not the issue, post the full path of where NeoBook is installed ... and what version of Windows and NeoBook you are using.
Gaev

Postby Ferdari » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:49 am

Hi Gaev, the Functions dir is in the right place at "H:\Program Files(x86)\Nebook\Functions\" but Neobook tries to open it from "C:\" where C: its a CD-ROM Drive, to be clear, ive never installed Neobook from C:\ and then moved to H:\, Im using Windows 7 64bits, UAC disabled, Not running Neobook from disk drive C:\, im not running NB in a virtual machine, i put my functions on Functions dir, also tried opening Neobook with Run as administrator, and... thats all, error still here.

Maybe it is a bug, but not sure.
We have Apps!
Ferdari

Postby Apoleo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:42 am

Hi Ferdari,

What do you have at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NeoSoft\NeoBook 5\ProgDir in the registry?
Apoleo

Postby Ferdari » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:39 am

Hi Apoleo, in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NeoSoft\NeoBook 5\ProgDir = "H:\Program Files (x86)\NeoBook 5\"

ive searched there too, in the registry, all entries are right, all points to "H:\...\Neobook" or "H:\...\whatever" (the right hard disk (where Windows 7 are located))

I think the error comes because there's no configuration for Funtions dir, it is absolutely defined in Neobook code like "C:\..\Neobook\Funtions", its not variable or configurable. but also... im not sure :D

I will try to trick the error mounting a CD on C:, will see what happens.

UPDATE: i did the trick and it works!, it reads the cd for a while(about 10 seconds not responing), and then shows the Functions browser with the Functions of the Neobook Functions Dir(in H:\), but if i unmount the CD error comes again. i dont know why it happens :?:
Last edited by Ferdari on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
We have Apps!
Ferdari

Postby Apoleo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:50 am

Ferdari, the problem is weird. I have it installed at 'D:\Neobook\NeoBook 5' and everything works properly.

I'm running on Windows XP SP3 (Windows is on C:\).

Maybe some problem with Windows 7.

Luck!
Apoleo

Postby Wrangler » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:07 am

Could I ask why Windows isn't installed on your c: drive instead of the cdrom? Is H: your boot drive?
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:07 am

NeoBook expects the Functions folder to be a subdirectory of the the folder where the NeoBook.exe is located. The drive letter doesn't make any difference.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Ferdari » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:28 am

NeoBook expects the Functions folder to be a subdirectory of the the folder where the NeoBook.exe is located. The drive letter doesn't make any difference.

the folder is there, in same folder as Neobook.exe, i didnt change anything in neobook folder, this issue only happens when you don't have a drive with letter C.

this is the first time experiencing this kind of bug since i reinstalled Windows on Drive H:.

I found a solution by mounting a drive with letter C:, its the only way to solve this. i dont know if im infected with some kind of malware or virus, but my antivirus didnt detect anything bad.

My computer without any C: drive, and the error:

With C: drive hack (USB):

We have Apps!
Ferdari

Postby Wrangler » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:53 am

Sounds like a system path problem to me. Installing windows on the c: drive and booting into that drive will probably solve the problem. This is the way windows installations are generally done.

Can I ask again why you installed windows on drive H:?
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Ferdari » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:56 am

Can I ask again why you installed windows on drive H

I cannot remember well, but it must be one of my numerous windows reinstallations when my hard disks went burnt, and sometimes Windows choose any drive letter, but dont know exactly the reason why :D
Ferdari

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:40 am

I can't think of any reason why opening the function library would need to access the C: drive, but I'll make a note to look into this for the next update.

Of course, we don't have any PCs without a C: drive. You may have the only one ;)
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

pas le seul

Postby FLEUR DE MAI » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:02 pm

pour ma part neobook est installer sur mon disque D
et je n'ai jammais eu de probleme d'adresse pour aucune des fonctions lier a l'utilisation du programme aussi bien pour le dossier fonction que les plugins
FLEUR DE MAI

Re: pas le seul

Postby smokinbanger » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:45 pm

FLEUR DE MAI wrote:pour ma part neobook est installer sur mon disque D
et je n'ai jammais eu de probleme d'adresse pour aucune des fonctions lier a l'utilisation du programme aussi bien pour le dossier fonction que les plugins
I think this is an English forum, translate your post to English please.
smokinbanger

Postby FLEUR DE MAI » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:43 pm

les anglophone ne font pas plus d'effort sur la parti francaise du forum alors si tes pas content aprend le francais prauvre tache
FLEUR DE MAI

Return to NeoBook Functions - VBScript & JavaScript