Source language: Translate to:

MS Word Fromat .docx how to edit in NB

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

MS Word Fromat .docx how to edit in NB

Postby datadon » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:59 pm

Anybody know a good way to edit a Word Doc, with docx format via NB? Using string replace. I think the file is xml based, but it does not load into a text editor. I haven't tried a string replace on it yet, but will in just a moment. I don't think I will be successful.

I was right, it did not change the string.
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Re: MS Word Fromat .docx how to edit in NB

Postby dpayer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:38 am

datadon wrote:Anybody know a good way to edit a Word Doc, with docx format via NB? Using string replace. I think the file is xml based, but it does not load into a text editor. I haven't tried a string replace on it yet, but will in just a moment. I don't think I will be successful.

I was right, it did not change the string.

Question:

Is it required to end up with a .docx file in the end?

If not, you can convert the file to something else that is text based (RTF / HTML, etc.) and then edit.

David P.
dpayer

Postby datadon » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:54 am

Yes, I was trying to start with a docx template, modify and then end up with docx in the end. I see I can save to xml, but that wasn't of much value either.

I know there are docx resume parsers all over the web. I am wondering how I can make use of one of those through the NB web object? I am guessing there is some kind of java script that does the job and exports the data to a database. I would want it to export to an Access database.

Bottom line is I am trying to parse a resumes and put data in Access database. How I do it is optional to me.

Thanks
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:26 am

David Esperalta has a plug-in for parsing XML files:

http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modules/plugins/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=180
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to PlugIn Discussions