Source language: Translate to:

New 3rd Party Neobook Product

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

New 3rd Party Neobook Product

Postby datadon » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:11 pm

Today I am offering for the first time, with the permission from Neosoftware, a Cheat Sheet for Neobook Action Codes.

Perhaps you've seen and used the laminated cheat sheets for Excel or Word or for many other products. They were always very helpful and handy for me when doing projects using those tools. Now I am offering to all Neobookers, a 6 page cheat sheet for all the Neobook action codes.

It will come in 3 laminated sheets with back to back pages with a key ring type collector at the top for keeping them in proper order and hanging on a near by hook. The sheets are laminated in 5mil plastic and are sturdy, waterproof and just really handy.

An invaluable tool for those new to Neobook and a great reference for those who have been around for many years. I have been using mine for about 6 months now and it's usefulness is why I decided to offer it to all Neobookers. Even if you know the actions fairly well, it is nice to know quickly what the parameters are and what their options look like in proper syntax.

Each sheet has 5 columns, starting on the left with "Group", that collects all the related actions into thier groups. This is how the NB help file groups their actions. This is followed by the "Action" Then the "Purpose" which describles what the action is used for in simple terms. Next is the "Syntax" with proper format and then the "Example" that hows how it is used in the real world.

I plan to offer these cheat sheets for a number of different venues, but will focus on Neobook for now. I will follow this offering with a cheat sheet on Neobook Special Variables and Special Characters. Then I hope to provide one for NeobookDBPro, which I know a lot of us use frequently. If there is interest in these products, I would like to offer some of larger plugins if the authors would like to get involved with me on doing this. I am open to suggestions as well.

I have created a new website called NeoSheets.com, where I will provide more information, pictures and a way to purchase the sheets. Shipping is free in the USA, but I cannot provide free shipping overseas, but will offer a $2.00 discount on all shipping on all oversees purchases. More info on the website.

I am also offering the cheat sheets as a PDF file that can then be printed out on your own printer and laminated at your local office services stores. This may be a less cost option for overseas customers or anyone.

If this sounds like something of interest to you, please visit my website at:

http://www.neosheets.com

Screenshots: http://www.neosheets.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=3
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Postby Harakiri » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Can I get a demo of the PDF version? Image

Kidding! hahaha

Very nice... too bad Paypal is the only way for paying, right?
Harakiri

Re: New 3rd Party Neobook Product

Postby dec » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi Donald,

Congratulations!

A good project, well described and usefull. I got it!

datadon wrote:I plan to offer these cheat sheets for a number of different venues, but will focus on Neobook for now. I will follow this offering with a cheat sheet on Neobook Special Variables and Special Characters. Then I hope to provide one for NeobookDBPro, which I know a lot of us use frequently. If there is interest in these products, I would like to offer some of larger plugins if the authors would like to get involved with me on doing this. I am open to suggestions as well.

Count me for whatever you want Donald. ;)
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby datadon » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:16 pm

Paypal is only online method. You can use any credit card on Paypal without a Paypal account. Or email me and I will work something out.

thanks
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Postby Wrangler » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:17 am

Good job, Don!
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Harakiri » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:28 am

datadon wrote:Paypal is only online method. You can use any credit card on Paypal without a Paypal account. Or email me and I will work something out.

thanks

No worries, I'll try to put some dollars on my Paypal account (kinda difficult since my location).
Harakiri

Postby datadon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Mars huh. Gonna take a rocket or plasma engine to get it to yeh. I do take Martian bucks however.

Few questions, are you a typical martian or non-typical? All blondes?

All female? Or is this a ruse, a disguise to send us off in another direction?

Come clean, you will feel a lot better. :-)
Don

datadon

Postby Harakiri » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:06 pm

we dont pay taxes as far as i can tell! =)

and yes paypal is taking martian cash! :roll:
Harakiri

Postby datadon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Well that cleared it all up. The rocket is loaded and ready. All I need is money for the fuel.
Don

datadon

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:13 pm

Don was nice enough to send me one of his laminated NeoBook cheat sheets. It looks quite nice and the lamination makes it very durable. (I doubt that diet coke or Cheetos will have any affect on it!) I'll be sure to keep this handy when working on NeoBook-related projects, tech support, etc.

Thanks Don!
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby dec » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi there,

Neosoft Support wrote:I'll be sure to keep this handy when working on NeoBook-related projects, tech support, etc.

And don't forget to use as a NeoBook souvenir! Of course can be the first usefull souvenir in the world, but when my NeoSheet arrived, I want to put it onto the front of my desktop wall. For practice porpouses and like a "poster". :)
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby Luiz Alfredo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:27 am

Good Work. Already orderd my PDF version. Congratulations.

Suggestions:
- NeoPlugins Sheets (With All DEC NeoPlugins Actions)
- HPWPlugins Sheets (With All HPW Plugins Actions)
- NeoSoftware Plugins Sheets (Witl All Neosoftware Plugins Actions)
- SpecialApps Plugins Sheeets (With All David de Argentina Plugins)
- TechMediaPlugins Sheets (With All Alberto Plugins)

Lot of work.
L.A.G.M.
Luiz Alfredo

Return to NeoBook Action Commands