Source language: Translate to:

Using Google Search API

Questions and information about creating Internet aware NeoBook applications. Including PHP, HTML, FTP, HTTP, Email, etc.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Using Google Search API

Postby Harakiri » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Im looking into some way to integrate the google seach API on a neobook project. Would this be possible without plugins? or, is there any plugins arround that can do this?
Harakiri

Postby dec » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:08 am

Hi,

The Google Search API is deprecated. Google recommend now another JSON/Atom Custom Search API, and it's not free if you do more than 100 search a day. However, up to more than 1.000 and less than 10.000 queries per day cost $5 USD dollars.

Anyway, since this API provide a REST version, maybe you can work with them using the "InternetGet" NeoBook native action. The only "problem" is the returned data, which is provided in both JSON and XML formats. But maybe you know this formats and how to deal with them...
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby Harakiri » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:46 am

dec wrote:Hi,

The Google Search API is deprecated. Google recommend now another JSON/Atom Custom Search API, and it's not free if you do more than 100 search a day. However, up to more than 1.000 and less than 10.000 queries per day cost $5 USD dollars.

Anyway, since this API provide a REST version, maybe you can work with them using the "InternetGet" NeoBook native action. The only "problem" is the returned data, which is provided in both JSON and XML formats. But maybe you know this formats and how to deal with them...

Will NeoXML do any better, I mean would it help to my needs?
Harakiri

Postby dec » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:57 am

Harakiri wrote:Will NeoXML do any better, I mean would it help to my needs?

I don't know such plugin, but, maybe can work. Another posibility is to use my npXmls plugin, or maybe another similar, but I don't know the API and don't have an idea on what kind of data offer and what can be interesting here. Another posibility is to deal with JSON, but I don't know how at this time.

In fact I'am thinking in a posible addition to my npUtil plugin in order to deal with JSON, or to make a new plugin if is needed and can be done. For the other hand, maybe you can work with JSON using the WebBrowser object or the Javascript capabilities included on NeoBook natively.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby Harakiri » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:11 am

dec wrote:
Harakiri wrote:Will NeoXML do any better, I mean would it help to my needs?

I don't know such plugin, but, maybe can work. Another posibility is to use my npXmls plugin, or maybe another similar, but I don't know the API and don't have an idea on what kind of data offer and what can be interesting here. Another posibility is to deal with JSON, but I don't know how at this time.

In fact I'am thinking in a posible addition to my npUtil plugin in order to deal with JSON, or to make a new plugin if is needed and can be done. For the other hand, maybe you can work with JSON using the WebBrowser object or the Javascript capabilities included on NeoBook natively.

yeah, npXMLs i ment that one! haha

Im gonna try to do what i want to do with the demo plugin, it will be very nice to see that adittion to the npUtil plugin though! Always looking forwar to see whats new with your plugins!

Ill let you know if I can find my path!

Thanks for your help. :D
Harakiri

Return to NeoBook and the Internet