Source language: Translate to:

start pub hidden

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

start pub hidden

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:47 am

Hi,

Is there a way to start a Neobook Application hidden? Because when I use plugin to hide it and when I run the pub, I see the application for 0,5 secondes and then it is hide.

Thanks

Best Regards

Alex
Alex

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:04 pm

You could try using the initial window position option in Book Properties. Specify a registry entry to store the window position then have your installation program stuff a value here that moves the window way off to the left outside of view.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but it show in the taskbar. Do you have any idea?

Thanks

Alex
Alex

Postby HPW » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:33 pm

There was a suggestion to make it invisible here:

http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18950

Together with your plugin solution.
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby Alex » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:15 am

Hi HPW,

Thanks it works very good, but it shows in the taskbar, do you have any idea how to hide it?

Thanks

Best Regards

Alex
Alex

Postby Wrangler » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:20 am

If it doesn't show in the trays, how would you kill the program without using ctrl-alt-delete? I can't see a legitimate reason to create a program like this unless you wanted to run it as a service. You might want to look at windows to see if the neobook exe could be run as a service.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Alex » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:32 am

Hi Wrangler,

I tried but this doesn't work as service. That's why I would like to hide the application.

Thanks

Alex
Alex

Postby Wrangler » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:34 am

I don't think there are any other options.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby dec » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:53 am

Hi there,

A possible approach can be:

Follow the instructions writen by Hans Peter

Use a plugin to hide the publication from taskbar

This hide the publication from the screen and from the Windows Taskbar. Of course a possible good idea can be compile the publication like a "System Tray Application", so the user can close the publication when they wanted, open the application options window, etc.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby Wrangler » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:45 pm

Never really took a close look at nputil. Just did and bought it. Thanks, David!

Note: You may want to add to your site an explanation of how to register the plug, like how long it takes, whether to download trial and wait for reg code in email etc. Other than that, nice job on setting up the store. :)
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby dec » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:23 pm

Wrangler wrote:Never really took a close look at nputil. Just did and bought it. Thanks, David!

Note: You may want to add to your site an explanation of how to register the plug, like how long it takes, whether to download trial and wait for reg code in email etc. Other than that, nice job on setting up the store. :)

Thanks for your comments Wrangler. Now the plugins store page contain a note with your suggestions. Also I update the "process" and "cancel" order pages, to include the the same information in the first. Thanks again. :)
dec

Postby Wrangler » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:36 pm

Thank you, David for the fast delivery for the reg code. Smooooooth transaction.

I went to your forum and looked around. Pretty wimpy forum software. I've been wanting to install a forum for a long time and just now installed phpBB, same as this forum, but WAY newer. Very nice software, and free. You may want to take a look at it. Then you could create a topic for each plugin and keep things organized. It's real easy to install, but if you need help with it, give me a shout. Be glad to help.
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby dec » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:25 pm

Wrangler wrote:Thank you, David for the fast delivery for the reg code. Smooooooth transaction.

I went to your forum and looked around. Pretty wimpy forum software. I've been wanting to install a forum for a long time and just now installed phpBB, same as this forum, but WAY newer. Very nice software, and free. You may want to take a look at it. Then you could create a topic for each plugin and keep things organized. It's real easy to install, but if you need help with it, give me a shout. Be glad to help.

Thanks Wrangler. I know phpBB (more or less), and you have reason, it's a good forum software. Vanilla Forums (wich I use) is more simply, but I think have the needed features. For the moment is sufficient to me. :)

For the other hand, the mayor part of customers prefer to contact with me using the email or the NeoPlugins Site contact form, even when the forum can be better sometimes in my opinion. But customers ever have reason! ;)

Thanks again!
dec

Postby Alex » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:36 am

Hi,

Thanks for the answers.

I will try it.

Thanks

Alex
Alex