Source language: Translate to:

Problems with Listbox

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Problems with Listbox

Postby kennyray23 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:34 am

Hello, I am having a strange problems getting a line of script to execute once an item is pulled from a listbox. I was previously able to make this work without problems but for some reason NB won't cooperate with me. What I want to do is simple add a score if a certain letter resides in the listbox. Here is an example of what I am trying to do....

If "Listbox1" "=" "E"
Setvar "[Score]" "[Score]+400"
Else
Endif

In the script de-bugger, it appears as if it is pulling the "E" from the listbox, but the next line of script, (SetVar "[Score]" "[Score]+400"), doesn't execute.

I have also tried to "GetListboxItem" and put that into a variable and say " If Listbox1" "=" "[Variable]", but nothing works....little help please....
kennyray23

Postby dec » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:43 am

Hi,

The listbox object have an associated variable wich contain the selected listbox item. If you put a listbox object onto your publication, the default name to this is "ListBox1", and their associated variable is named "[ListBox1]". So, your condition need to look something like this:

Code: Select all
If "[Listbox1]" "=" "E"
  Setvar "[Score]" "[Score]+400"   
EndIf

Note we compare here the selected listbox item (stored on [ListBox1] variable) with the letter "E", in other words, we ask if the selected listbox item is "E", and, in this case, execute the next "SetVar" action.

Take a look at the listbox object properties (click with the right mouse button onto the listbox to see) for more information, for example, the [ListBox1] variable can store the text of the item (wich can be "E" or something else) or the number of the item on the listbox.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby kennyray23 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:14 am

Thank you very much for your help, but I have another question. When the item "E" is added to the listbox, the only way for the next line of code to execute is if I highlight the letter in the listbox and click the button that holds the code:

If "[Listbox1]" "=" "E"
HideObject "Rectangle2" "Page Turn" "10"
else
Endif

Is there a way for the code to execute without me having to select the letter in the listbox? I thought I had accomplished this before, but I can't seem to figure it out.
kennyray23

Postby kennyray23 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:53 am

Think I figured it out... this is what I did...

ListBoxSize "ListBox1" "[Size]"
ListBoxGetItem "ListBox1" "[Size]" "[Outcome]"
If "[Outcome]" "=" "E"

HideObject "Rectangle2" "None" "0"

Else
Endif
kennyray23

Return to NeoBook Action Commands