Source language: Translate to:

focus problem with capslock

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Postby dec » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:00 am

Hi,

I dont know if understand very well, but, putting on the "CAPS LOCK" I can continue work fine on all NeoBook windows: code editor, actions properties dialogs, other options dialogs, etc. So maybe the "problem" is on your computer only. Maybe you can provide a "step by step" in order to reproduce the problem.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:05 am

Maybe there is something wrong with your keyboard. Since the Caps Lock and Tab keys are next to each other maybe the keyboard is sending codes for both keys at the same time. Try another keyboard and see if the problem goes away.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby dec » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:18 am

Neosoft Support wrote:Maybe there is something wrong with your keyboard. Since the Caps Lock and Tab keys are next to each other maybe the keyboard is sending codes for both keys at the same time. Try another keyboard and see if the problem goes away.

I vote for this. :)
dec

Postby dec » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:37 am

Hi,

Maybe the keyboard (above all if is a portable computer) have some "special function keys" or something like that. The rare thing is that the issue appear in one program and not in others. Also Windows have some special "accesibility keys" that sometimes can cause some problems, because being activated without your intention. In any case its a rare problem that I'am not experiment never with NeoBook. :roll:
dec

Postby dec » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi,

What I'am doing? Press "CTRL + SHIFT + ESCAPE", take a look at the suspicious process and kill it with fire, well, with the appropiate "Finalize process" button. So, I try to identify the process that can cause the problem, and, if this is not interesed for me (many times this occur with preinstalled notebooks software) try to eliminate the program (uninstalling) or to disallow begining with Windows, takin a look at this registry keys:

Code: Select all
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

If you not have experience with Windows Registry some programs can help you to eliminate programs that begin with Windows. Try for example: CCleaner. This is that I'am tried to solve the problem.
dec

Postby Wrangler » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:59 am

I have the same kind of feature with my logitech keyboard. It shows an osd for a second when changing capslock or volume. But it doesn't behave the way you describe. No loss of focus. The problem is probably in the quickset coding. Try checking for an update to quickset?
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Return to NeoBook Suggestions