Source language: Translate to:

Great Wishlist

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Postby dec » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Hi,

The numeric updown (also knowed as Spin Edit) can be emulated with NeoBook using a normal text edit and a couple of buttons. In fact they are an Spin Edit: a normal edit with a couple of tiny buttons.

For the other hand, I dont know if you can achieve your project using the "Enable" property of text edits, instead the "ReadOnly" property. Not exactly the same, but can be a posible solution ready to use.

And for the last you question can found some NeoBook plugins, for example, hpwUtility, NeoDatePicker and npCard plugins.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby Tony Kroos » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:44 pm

There are too much plugins and workarounds already. neobook should be more user friendly and include more built-in objects and possibilities.
Tony Kroos

Postby Wrangler » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:04 am

I'd like to see a good native neobook calender. The older calender plugins don't display correctly in Win7. Using a plugin for every little feature is ridiculous. And since most of us don't use these little features every day, trying to remember which plugin contains what is a nightmare and very time consuming.

Years ago I created a calender plug using activex2neobook by using the MS calender activex control. It was beautiful. But neobook throws an error when trying to open up the action properties box.

This is a feature that needs to be built in.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby dec » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:08 am

Well,

I wanted to say that npCard plugin allow you to do more than the standard Windows Calendar Object. From customize it with your own colors, fonts and options, to control it with your own NeoBook native buttons, for example. It's that I can say about this.
dec

Postby Wrangler » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:48 am

David,

Two things:

First, most of the time the calender is used to just select a date. No matter what colors your fonts are, you're still just selecting a date. At the most, a user spends 3 seconds in there selecting a date. Click and done.

Second, the cost of the plugin enters into it. There is not a lot of money in shareware or even most custom programming projects. Beer money at best. Adding the cost of the plug to do such a simple task makes it's purchase and use prohibitive. YOU'RE JUST SELECTING A DATE! I'm sure microsoft took this into consideration when designing their calender object and is why they kept it simple.

The control your plugin provides is valuable should you need to make the calender interactive in certain situations, such as storing data for specific days etc. For this, it has it's value.

But the ability to just select a date should be native to neobook.

OK. There's 4 cents worth. :)
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby dec » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:53 am

Hi,

The control your plugin provides is valuable should you need to make the calender interactive in certain situations, such as storing data for specific days etc. For this, it has it's value.

Or using fancy colors for kids publications. This is that I wanted to say. I dont want to polemize on this trhead, only offer a couple of solutions. For example, the spin edit chase: you know that with native NeoBook objects it's can be possible to make an spin edit. Just for information. Of course I am happy too if NeoBook have more native controls. The future say. But its now a good program, with or without plugins, and with lots of possibilities, also you know this. :)
Last edited by dec on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
dec

Postby Leos » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:31 am

In my opinion, a "basic Calendar selector" must be a native component of NeoBook, as well as a few other basic functions.
It is sometimes a problem, a function that should be basic (eg, rename a file), figuring out what the best plugin, and where it is - because of the complexity of some plugins ...

Best regards for all
Leos

Postby cp4w » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:55 am

My feeling is that I want the limited Neobook development time to be focused on things we can not find elsewhere. Like a plug-in of the fmftp type or more development of Neobook itself, each has its own favorite ideas.

We haven't had a really major upgrade of the caliber of going to v4 to v5 in a really long time.
I really would love to see version 6.
cp4w

Postby andybrock » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:53 am

Wrangler wrote:David,
Second, the cost of the plugin enters into it. There is not a lot of money in shareware or even most custom programming projects. Beer money at best.

You must be doing it wrong then! My experience is that software is very profitable. If custom jobs are not profitable you're not charging enough. Shareware I agree is pretty much a waste of time, but spotting a problem and providing a solution and marketing directly at those who will benefit can bring big sales (even on a low ticket item). Most of my software is written with Neobook (and various plugins) and this is my full time profession.

Andy
andybrock

Return to NeoBook Suggestions