Source language: Translate to:

Multiple Master-type Pages

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Multiple Master-type Pages

Postby vickiwatson » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:47 pm

I'd like to see more than one master page.

The current master page displays on every page. I'd like to be able to assign, say Master Page A to display on all pages; Master Page B to display on pages 1, 2, & 3 and Master Page C to show on pages 4, 5 & 6, etc.

Currently I don't see a way to do something like this. If there is a way, please let me know how. :)
vickiwatson

Postby Gaev » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:54 pm

vickiwatson:
If there is a way, please let me know how
In some cases, you might be able to design your Application by placing your To-Be-Rendered-On-Multiple-Pages objects on a Container Object.

Store these Container Objects (one for each set of ojects) on a page that is not navigated by users.

Then, as required, use the Custom Window command in the Page Enter section of the pages where you want the objects to appear ... use the FixedPos option to attach the Custom Window to the publication at a fixed position (it will retain its relative position even when the publication window is moved).

Note that unlike objects on the Master Page (which can be overlayed by other objects in a particular page that happen to be in the same Client Area of your Application Window) ... objects in the Custom Window will render over the other objects.
Gaev

Postby vickiwatson » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:59 pm

Sounds interesting. I'll give it a try. Still hope the multiple master pages concept can be added in the future.

I have 7 buttons on 8 pages. Right now I have copied them onto each page, but hate the redundancy/inefficiency of that approach. Sounds like the container is a good alternative.
vickiwatson

Postby Tony Kroos » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:31 pm

vickiwatson wrote:Still hope the multiple master pages concept can be added in the future.
It is not an option. There will always be situations when won't be enough pages ))
I would add a "top master" page to render objects placed here over the other objects (instead of custom window tricks).
Tony Kroos

Postby josesito » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:41 pm

You could try creating several groups of elements on the master page. The groups should be out of the visible area. As you enter the different pages, place a Timer on the Page Enter section. The timer should have something similar to this:

If "[PageTitle]" "=" "page1"
MoveObject "Group1" "0" "0"
MoveObject "Group2" "-310" "-181"
Else
.page2
MoveObject "Group1" ""-310" "-181"
MoveObject "Group2" "0" "0"
EndIf

In this way you can show and hide the information you need. The example shows only two Groups, you can add as many as you need.
josesito

Postby vickiwatson » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:55 pm

Tony Kroos wrote:There will always be situations when won't be enough pages

If you had an option on each page to include/overlay another page (any page you select), not sure why that wouldn't work. I've seen that with other software. That way any page could be used as a "master" page. The number of pages wouldn't make any difference. Or vice versa be able to set which other pages a "master" page displays on.

Tony Kroos wrote:I would add a "top master" page to render objects placed here over the other objects (instead of custom window tricks).

Not sure what you mean.
vickiwatson

Postby Tony Kroos » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:10 pm

vickiwatson wrote:Not sure what you mean.

[Master Top Page]
[Pages]
[Master Page]

There is a difference in priority for each type of pages when displaying objects. Objects placed at master top page will render over the other objects, just like CW (see Gaev's post).
Tony Kroos

Postby Gaev » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:30 am

vickiwatson:

I too am not sure what Tony is saying ...
I would add a "top master" page to render objects placed here over the other objects (instead of custom window tricks).

But I think josesito has a good idea ... only, instead of using a Timer Object, I would have something like ...
Code: Select all
GoSub "SetupSubMasterObjects"
... in the PageEnter sections of each of the regular pages ... and have this subroutine check the current page (via Global Variables [PageTitle] or [PageNumber]) ... and move/hide/show individual Buttons objects (in the Master Page) to suit the requirements of that particular page.
Gaev

Postby Tony Kroos » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:42 am

You can try Multimedia Builder (I have used it before NB) and check different master pages in action, then everything will become clear
Tony Kroos

Postby vickiwatson » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:25 pm

It's working fine with a group of buttons off the display area on the master page, then I move them into position on the page enter code for each page, via a subroutine.

vickiwatson

Postby smartmedia » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:19 am

Hi..

Could be a lot more easy if you can just set a page as master page. This way you can create multiple pages and use them as master page when ever you choose to. So instead of check the "Show items from master page" you can select a page from all available pages to be used as Master Page. And of course you could set different master page on every page if you wish to.

Thanks
smartmedia

Postby vickiwatson » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:23 am

I like that idea also. Would be great!
vickiwatson

Return to NeoBook Suggestions