Source language: Translate to:

Old versions of Quikmenu DOS

Questions or information that don't quite fit anywhere else

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Old versions of Quikmenu DOS

Postby dk1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi
This is probably a strange query but basically I am chasing old versions of QuikMenu for dos. Mainly for my own historical interest :) I used various versions of QM during the early 90's and I've still got a couple of old DOS machines that I'm thinking of putting it on.

I can find some shareware versions of 1.07 and 3.1 but I seem to remember using a slightly different version. In particular, the version I'm referring to had the palette of 1.07 (purple/teal title bar, light blue background) and buttons with graphical icons (which seem to be a feature of 3.1 and later). I guess this could have been setup by the person we bought it from but I'm wondering if there was a version like this.

Is there a location where older versions can be downloaded from Neosoft? Even links to the final DOS version, (3.1h as far as I can tell) don't work as the FTP site requires a login.

Was there a Quikmenu 2 or 3.0?

Is it still possible to buy a serial for QM3 for DOS?

If anybody has copies of old versions of this software I'd love to hear from you :)
Thanks
dk1

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:46 am

Was there a Quikmenu 2 or 3.0?

I'm sorry, it was so long ago I'm not really sure if there was a version 2.0 or not. It's possible that we went straight from v1.07 to v3.0. There are no entries in our registration database for "QuikMenu 2", so it's likely that, for some reason, we skipped that version entirely and went straight to v3.0. We have all of the old versions in storage (on floppy disks), but it would take quite a bit of time to retrieve them and find out for certain.

Is it still possible to buy a serial for QM3 for DOS?

QuikMenu 3 is no longer being developed, but you can download the trial version and place orders from the following website:

http://www.neosoftware.com/order-legacy.html
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

QuikMenu v1.0.3 :)

Postby Rich Nagel » Thu May 12, 2011 8:51 pm

Sorry to bump this old message thread (as I'm sure the original poster will prolly never see this reply). Anyhow, if anyone else is looking for really old versions of QuikMenu, I too am a fan of old software, especially NeoSoft related things.

Quite some time ago I posted this message thread -> http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4994 (the reason it says "Unknown" for the member, that was a long time ago, before a forum software crash, and the restore of the forum lost a lot of members' user names). Someone from NeoSoft's tech support (don't recall who it was ATM) sent me a ZIP with the shareware version of QuikMenu version 1.0.3, and is the oldest that I've seen so far :)

Anyway, if anyone is interested in that old gem, send me an email (preferably a non-GMail email addy) and I'll send ya the ZIP :)
Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
www.richnagel.net
Rich Nagel

Return to Misc. Questions and Information