Source language: Translate to:

Browser Set Element.

Questions and information about creating Internet aware NeoBook applications. Including PHP, HTML, FTP, HTTP, Email, etc.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Browser Set Element.

Postby andybrock » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:11 am

I am using BrowserSetElement and finding that in some cases it reports back that the field doesn't exist. Here is an example (this is not my live example but it demonstrates the issue)..

Go to www.bing.com and
BrowserSetElement "WebBrowser1" "q" "Hello World"

This will work fine.

Now to the same command but when at www.google.com and it doesn't work.

Both of those pages have a field called "q" but bing.com uses name="q" with the quotation marks and google uses name=q without quotes.

Is there a work-around for this situation?

Andy
andybrock

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:29 am

Both of those pages have a field called "q" but bing.com uses name="q" with the quotation marks and google uses name=q without quotes.

I don't think this is the cause. I can create an HTML file that contains name=q (without quotes) and BrowserSetElement will work correctly.

I think Google is doing something else that is preventing BrowserSetElement from working.

However, with Google you can always put search information in the URL. For example:

http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=Hello+World
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby andybrock » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Thank you. Have confirmed its a google thing. I found a javascript method for doing this and that too fails with google. I'll approach it another way.

Thanks

Andy
andybrock

Return to NeoBook and the Internet