Source language: Translate to:

File Management and Internet FTP plug-in Beta Released

Questions about our File Management and Internet FTP plug-in

File Management and Internet FTP plug-in Beta Released

Postby Neosoft Support » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:16 pm

The long awaited beta test version of the new NeoBookFM/FTP plug-in is now available for download. The beta test is open to all registered NeoBook customers.

NeoBookFM/FTP is an advanced file management and Internet FTP plug-in designed for use with NeoBook 5. NeoBookFM/FTP provides NeoBook authors with the ability to add sophisticated file management and FTP file transfer capabilities to their applications. Management of both local and remote files are supported in a single comprehensive plug-in.

Files may be managed transparently in the background or interactively using an Explorer style file browser component. File browsers can be used to display the contents of local drives or remote FTP servers. Multiple browsers can be opened simultaneously, allowing files to be dragged from one location to another. Files can be dragged between local and remote locations (upload/download) or between two remote locations (site-to-site). You can even drag and drop of files to and from other Windows applications.

Please note that the beta version is incomplete. All features are in place and functional, but there still be some bugs. The included help file is complete with the exception of two planned tutorials which are still under construction.

The beta includes three sample publications which can be found in the "..\Documents\NeoBook 5\NeoBookFMFTP\Sample Pubs" folder after installation.

The beta can be downloaded from the NeoBook Resource Center:

http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modules/plugins/singlefile.php?cid=12&lid=131

Although this is a beta version, NeoBookFM/FTP is available for purchase now. The beta version is fully functional and can will accept a registration code. The plug-in does not expire and can be distributed with compiled publications. You can order NeoBookFM/FTP online for $79.00 below:

http://www.neosoftware.com/order.html#plugins

You may use this forum to post questions, suggestions, bug reports, etc. or send email to info@neosoftware.com
Last edited by Neosoft Support on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Ndzn » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:55 pm

Now ...THAT... is a Plug-In.

I tried the three samples, and made a couple test pubs of my own and, so far, have nothing much to report. A couple small things but I'll try again tomorrow with fresh eyes.

Another EXCELLENT NeoSoft-quality Plug-In. Can't wait to get started with it!
Ndzn

Postby Alex » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:06 am

Hi,

Waow, works very very good. It is excellent. Thanks

Alex
Alex

Thank You Thank You Thank You

Postby rcohen » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:30 am

A most timely product! Dave, Thank you sir.

Now.... it's playtime ;-)

r
rcohen

Postby Luiz Alfredo » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Great Plugin. I made a FTP connection and in the right side appeared \<root> . With other FTP Applications I see the Folders: .., Dados, web. I think I'm missing something.
L.A.G.M.
Luiz Alfredo

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:52 am

Abdullah:

in the top screen , arabic folders show ?????? and cant be accessed , in the bottom screen it shows arabic folder/files in unreadable chars and when i open it it popup error and continue open it.

Since NeoBook doesn't yet support Unicode, I'm not sure you will be able to use the plug-in effectively with Middle Eastern or Asian file names. You could try using the fmSetFileBrowserProperties action to set all of the different font's used by the file browser to use an Arabic chracter set. For example:

Code: Select all
fmSetFileBrowserProperties "Local" "ListFont=Arial,8,Normal,ARABIC_CHARSET;TreeFont=Arial,8,Normal,ARABIC_CHARSET;PathBarFont=Arial,8,Normal,ARABIC_CHARSET"

Luiz Alfredo:

I made a FTP connection and in the right side appeared \<root> . With other FTP Applications I see the Folders: .., Dados, web. I think I'm missing something.

Is there anything different about the account settings used by other FTP apps and the ones entered into the FM/FTP example?

What operating system is your server using - Unix, Linux, Window?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby datadon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:41 pm

Yippee Kiyay!
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Postby Luiz Alfredo » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:54 pm

I'm using:
Host name[Port]: ftp.newinfo.com.br
User name: newinfo
Same Password
Remote directory: (empty)
Local diretory: C:\ZDIR

Options:
- Use passive move

In NeoFTP I'm using the same.[/img]
L.A.G.M.
Luiz Alfredo

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:37 am

Luiz Alfredo:

I get an access denied error when I try to access your FTP site - both with NeoBookFM/FTP and other FTP software.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby domino » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Just been having a look at the FTP/File Manager... It's exactly the sort of plugin I was "asking for" in another thread.

It works perfectly on the range of FTP/File Management tasks I've tried so far...

Nice work NB - you'll have my order tomorrow ...

Cheers
Dave
domino

Return to NeoBookFM/FTP