Source language: Translate to:

List of new expected features

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:22 am

I am available for translation En -> Fr possible.
Contact me without hesitation.

Thank you very much! I appreciate your support.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby UltraVox » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:23 am

Neosoft,

Is it possible to release the French version of DBPro ? I realized that you work, for a few months ago. Some French users ask me, on MSN...

Thank you for your work.
UltraVox

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:05 am

If you're interested in helping with the translation, I can make arrangements to send you the materials. Please send an email to info (at) neosoftware.com and we can discuss it.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Plugin Central

Postby rcohen » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:27 pm

I would like to comment quickly on Neosoft Plugins. I personally would love to see Neosoft create internal commercial versions of currently unmarketed / unsupported plugins. Sure, it's additional work, but with the trust factor owned by Neosoft, combined with the great neat for QUALITY plugins / support I would guess that this could quickly become a meaningful income stream for Neosoft.

Frankly, BECAUSE quality plugins ARE so important, this would be where Neosoft would have to separate the pro's from the hobbyists. I know there are those who will throw spears at me for saying this, but... I personally feel that a professional plugin that will be used for professional software should NOT be cheap. I know first hand, that I can make AT LEAST a few hundred dollars on about ANYTHING you can create with Neobook, and when you purchase a quality plugin, that's what you're buying... the ability to create another product, over and over again. And for the hobbyists, there is pretty much about every capacity one could need already.. just not fully supported or with promise of further dev.

I don't think anyone here can argue the fact that there is NOTHING like a plugin directly from Neosoft. I personally would purchase ANY plugin for Neobook that I needed, SIGHT UNSEEN. I wouldn't even have to test it. Seriously, how much is THAT alone worth to you ?

Those plugin devs that have plugins they do not wish to support / market anymore might consider offering a deal to Neosoft. Although, of course everyone HERE knows that in many cases, it's easier to start from scratch...

Any which way, I'm ready to JUMP on that purchase button for the forthcoming FTP plugin. I think I'm actually drooling ;-) <wipes lower lip on sleeve>

Thanks Dave, for creating this ftp plugin for us. And I do hope that you consider an ongoing plugin product line directly from Neosoft.

I'd even purchase MY licenses from you in advance :shock: !! <DUCK>

r
rcohen

I couldn't agree more and..

Postby TMcD » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:39 pm

Rcohen & Neosoft,

I couldn't agree more.

I like the quality and trust I get from Neosoft.

I've mentioned the trust factor to Neosoft a few times. I don't want to knock other developers and I know Neosoft didn't want to step on toes...)

But the truth of the matter is that so many developers have come and gone, that the trust factor for me is only in Neosoft. *(Exception: When I have had custom plugins created that I knew were not for the NeoBook masses.)

I am SO HAPPY that Neosoft is FINALLY putting out an FTP plugin.

Keep up the great work Neosoft and now how about some serious sorting/parsing routines? :)
TMcD

Postby beno » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi,

I totally agree with Robert, NeoSoft products meets the highest quality standards.

But any piece of software produced by NeoSoft, or any other professional, takes time. So I guess it will take long for all to have a long list of Plugins created by NeoSoft.

Maybe we all have to help Dave spreading the word on NeoBook, so the user base grows, and perhaps Dave can hire good programmers and lead a group of developers to create more NeoSoft products.

Just sharing my thoughts...

Thanks Dave for your superb products.

Saludos,

beno
beno

Re: Plugin Central

Postby dpayer » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:22 am

rcohen wrote:I would like to comment quickly on Neosoft Plugins. I personally would love to see Neosoft create internal commercial versions of currently unmarketed / unsupported plugins.
r

Taking this a bit further, I would like to ask developers who decide to change directions in their professional career to either donate or make an effort to sell their code and documentation to NeoSoft. It is a shame that some plugins with great potential get lost over time because the developer has 'moved on' to other platforms. I know not all developers create truly useful code and I am sure it is not easy to pick up on someone elses project. Still, the code base is not doing them any good now as people are reluctant to buy unsupported plugins.

Also, I would encourage a dialogue among current and prospective developers with Dave@Neosoft . I am not presuming anything about his business model but I bet there may be ways to partner on the development and sales of products. Remember developers: NeoSoft is the gold standard for support. That is why people like rcohen are willing to buy from Neosoft. If other developers could convince Dave their product was worthy of that kind of support from them, he may consider being the marketer.

NOTE: all this is speculation on my behalf but I could see a possible synergy among developers of NB plugins and Neosoft itself. They don't need to act as totally independent agents. There could be collaboration.

I always think much much more can be done by teams than can be done by individuals.

$.02

David P
dpayer

Postby smartmedia » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:55 am

Hi..

I want to join my voice with the rest of those they ask for more professional plugins. In the past, i was the first who speak for that need and some times i even was the bad in the story despite the fact that everybody wants new professional plugins. When i was speaking about Alberto and he's methods nobody was speaking. Finally he has disappear leaving behind unfinished plugins with bugs and no further support. For him it was a way to take money if you ask me. I can't blame him for the situation is just that i am disappointed.
I think everybody recognize the effort Dave gave all this years to make NB what is today and deserves the best. But it's only one guy. I really don't know how we can help in order to make NB attractive to developers. They are some sites like http://www.scriptlance.com there you can rent a developer from around the world to develop what you want..

Thanks
smartmedia

Postby Wrangler » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:48 am

I agree with the above. Neobook's ability to accept plugins was a major upgrade. Plugins are the real power behind NB. Many developers have come and gone since then, leaving behind a cluttered trail of almost useful plugs. There have been 2 major operating systems released since then. Some of us have lost money in dealing with commercial developers, or just never got a workable stable product. I feel this reflects on NB itself overall, even though NeoSoft is not at fault.

It's sad to see plugins fall to the wayside. To date, I am still constantly amazed at what I can produce using NB and plugs. I think offering a good variety of plugins alongside NB WILL increase not only it's popularity, but also it's sales and confidence in the product.

I too would purchase any product Dave puts out sight unseen. I own a lot of software, but I've never been treated so good in regards to professionalism and support as I have by NeoSoft.

Maybe it's time to start a topic where we can get together and hash out a program that will work for both developers and NeoSoft. Maybe we can convince Dave to continue further plugin development on his own. Maybe it won't happen at all. But we'll never know until we put our heads together. Either case, we need to return some of the great support we've received by supporting the development and sale of these plugs to ensure the vitality and continuance of NB in the future.

Times are hard for all of us. But if we all stick together now, we will all make it. There is strength in numbers.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby smartmedia » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Wow, that was touching, to bad i can't express it so well since English is not my main language.
Ι do believe that if we unite our forces with Dave we can do Neobook among the the best proffesional programming tools ever. All we need is a nice push. And i don't think that is all about money. Personally the joy of creation and this community is for me more than millions and millions. And this must be understood from some people who release a plugin with a function and they sell it 60$. Any way, in Greece we say "Ισχύς εν τη γνώση" That means: when we unite we have power.
Personally i can do what ever asked for in order to push NB one step further.
smartmedia

Postby Wrangler » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:29 pm

I started a topic where we can further discuss the plugin issue:

http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewto ... p=11197380

Come on down and give us your ideas.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Previous

Return to NeoBook Suggestions