Source language: Translate to:

About NB Editor

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

About NB Editor

Postby carlos torres » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:45 am

Dear NB Team

1 - Let me to insist on the debugbreakpoint shortcut. ie. If you press F9 on any specific line NB will mark that point with a red dot on the left side of the line numbers as a debug break, then you can fallow step by step with F8.

2 - It will be nice to choose on the editor if you want to view all the routines (as it is now) or edit just one so you can focus on a topic/detail at a time.

Regards

carlost

PS: I don't know how to insert an image here. How it works?
[/img]E:\Doc Personal\Mis imágenes\debugbreakpoint nbk.png[/img]
carlos torres

Postby Wrangler » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:14 am

Hi Carlos,

Can't help with the suggestion, but your image url contains 2 image closing tags. Should be [img].....[/img]. Also, there should be a url to the image on a server between the image tags. Won't work off your hard drive.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:02 pm

Thanks for the suggestions Carlos.

I'm not sure if the red dot idea will work unless there is some type of actual code accompanying the dot. NeoBook does have an action called DebugBreakPoint that you can insert into your code to do what you need. For example:

DebugBreakPoint "message"
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Ndzn » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:04 pm

I good trick I use during development is to create a button with the DebugBreakPoint command on the Master Page and assign a HotKey (I use Ctrl+D, but you can use F9). When the program is run, no matter where you're at in the program it'll break whenever the keystroke is encountered. That is, IF the "Show items from master page" is checked. If you have pages that do not show the item from the Master Page, then just copy the break button to that page...
Ndzn

Return to NeoBook Suggestions