Source language: Translate to:

Scrolling Article / Text File Object

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Scrolling Article / Text File Object

Postby TMcD » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:19 pm

It has this option:

Import document created by other program.

But it is limited to certain types of text files. Since it allows for HTML, why not PHP files?

I think it should allow any file as long as it is "text".
TMcD

Postby beno » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi Troy,

Since it allows for HTML, why not PHP files?

Mmmh as far as my neurons go HTML renders pages, it describes how a webpage is supposed to look. PHP files, in the other hand, tells the server what to do but renders nothing or HTML.

So if you insert a PHP document in a scrolling text object you will display source code. Maybe some of us may find this interesting but non-techie users may feel frightened.

My cent,

beno
beno

Postby TMcD » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:12 pm

You are correct. It won't get interpreted (sp?), but my point is that the object should allow for any text based file to be entered. (For those of use doing mad scientist things.) :)
TMcD

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:06 am

The import option used by the Article object relies on special import filters installed with Windows. In the list of file types you should see something called "Recover text from any file". If you select this option, the file mask will be set to *.* which should allow you to import any type of ASCII file including PHP. (Alternatively, you can enter "*.*" into the file name field and press Enter.)
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBook Suggestions