Source language: Translate to:

Mouse options 2

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Mouse options 2

Postby Bernardo » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:44 pm

Is it possible to have the mouse onrelease feature?

When you click over a nb button (dont release the mouse button) and move the mouse releasing the mousebutton with the cursor outside the NB button, it will not start the action of this button (if the mouse cursor is not over it).

Is it possible to have this action started even if you are not over the button, just on mouse release, like Onrelease.

Thanks again for the help
Bernardo

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:24 am

When you click over a nb button (dont release the mouse button) and move the mouse releasing the mousebutton with the cursor outside the NB button, it will not start the action of this button (if the mouse cursor is not over it).

This is normal behavior for buttons in Windows. I think what you're looking for is a "mouse down" action which would execute immediately when the button is clicked. Maybe we can add something like that in the future.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Bernardo » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:52 am

Thanks for the great support. I would like to start the action just when I release the mouse button (outside the button). Is it possible?
Bernardo

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:48 am

I would like to start the action just when I release the mouse button (outside the button). Is it possible?

Typically, when the mouse leaves the button, Windows assumes that you do not want to click it anymore. So with NeoBook it wouldn't be possible to execute an action when you release the button outside the clicked object. We could probably modify NeoBook override Windows normal, expected button behaviour, but 99% of the time you wouldn't want it to work that way.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBook Suggestions