Source language: Translate to:

Automate Plugin registration

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Automate Plugin registration

Postby smartmedia » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:50 pm

Hi..

There is times when something is wrong with the system and you want simple to format and install windows from the beginning.
In that case you must install again NB which is not big of a problem and then install the plugins and register them. That part is pain is the ass. Personally i install more than 20-25 and register more than 10. Is a little annoying all this process. Is it possible for you Dave, to create an option and when you invoke it simple to backup all the appropriate infos in a file (encrypted if you want) and then restore it in the new system...???

Thanks
smartmedia

Postby Gaev » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:50 am

smartmedia:

I haven't tried this ... but could you not ... save the entire Plugins folder within folder where NeoBook is intalled ... then restore it ?

Then ... either manually click on the Install steps within NeoBook ... or try saving/restoring the Registry section where NeoBook stores this information.

Note that some plugin developers have been known to place additional files hidden in other folders ... so they may not work anyways.
Gaev

Postby smartmedia » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:29 am

Gaev wrote:smartmedia:

I haven't tried this ... but could you not ... save the entire Plugins folder within folder where NeoBook is intalled ... then restore it ?

Yes, i do that. But i have to register inside NB one by one, that the difficult part.
smartmedia

Postby bunker » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:50 pm

Neobook save the plugins list in:
Code: Select all
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1004336348-1085031214-682003330-500\Software\NeoSoft

Maybe this key change a don't know.

Backup this ...when you restore it all the plugins appers in the installed plugin list.

Greetings
bunker

Postby smartmedia » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:24 pm

Hi..
I found that NB saves the names of the plugins in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NeoSoft\NeoBook 5\PlugIns
section.
I tried to remove a line that shows the hpwUtility 2.02 plugin but doesn't let me. When i tried to delete NeoBookPDF has been deleted and also when NB started NeoBookPDF wasn't on the list.
Also found out that registration data of those plugins that require registration are kept in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NeoSoft\NeoBook 5\PlugInData

So i will make a backup and then restore. Thanks a lot for your help.
smartmedia

Return to NeoBook Suggestions