Another Bug??

Postby Just4Fun » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:14 am

Hi Neosoft:

Still working away with Neobook, but I have a question/comment:

In the object list:

I mouse click to rename an object:

Let's say I rename my object to:

"Rec1"

BEFORE I actually finish the the renaming process (still in text entry mode) I do a <Control C> in order to copy the text "Rec1". (I want to paste the text into the next object in order to save time and rename it "Rec2".

When I paste the text into the next object, I get a copy of the "Rec 1" object and the text paste fails.

It seems like a new object should not be copied in this particular scenario, but that the text should be copied.

What do you think?
-Rachel
May I never be cured of my curiosity! ;-)
Just4Fun

Postby Gaev » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:28 am

Rachel:
BEFORE I actually finish the the renaming process (still in text entry mode) I do a <Control C> in order to copy the text "Rec1". (I want to paste the text into the next object in order to save time and rename it "Rec2".

When I paste the text into the next object, I get a copy of the "Rec 1" object and the text paste fails.
Looks like you did not select the text "Rec1" before doing the <Control C> ... so the previous content of the Clipboard was not replaced ... a subsequent <Control P> will then paste whatever content there was in the Clipboard.
It seems like a new object should not be copied in this particular scenario, but that the text should be copied.
<Control P> is handled by Windows ... not NeoBook.

The source for the object is placed in the Clipboard when you select an object ... if I recall, this was a requested feature.
Gaev

Postby Just4Fun » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:00 am

Yes, I have selected the text. I've tried this many times and not found success.

Are you saying that Neobook will let you copy and paste the text name of an object rather than the object itself?

If this is what you are saying, I will kill my post and keep working to see what I'm doing incorrectly.

Thanks,

Rachel
May I never be cured of my curiosity! ;-)
Just4Fun

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:48 am

The component used for NeoBook's Object List is actually something we licensed from another company, but I'll see they have any suggestions on how to better handle pasting text from the clipboard.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Gaev » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:56 pm

Rachel:
Are you saying that Neobook will let you copy and paste the text name of an object rather than the object itself?
a) Select an object (either directly by clicking on it ... or by right clicking on its entry in the Object List and then clicking on Properties ....)

b) In the Text Entry Box under Object Name ... , I select the Text

c) Ctrl C

d) Repeat (a) and (b) for another object

e) Ctrl V

... I do this all the time ... not just with the Object Name ... but also with other Text Entry Boxes like Hint: and Variable: etc.

I use Windows XP.
Gaev

Return to NeoBook Suggestions