Source language: Translate to:

Unable to Run Neopaint

General questions about using NeoPaint

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Unable to Run Neopaint

Postby virger » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:12 pm

I have been running Neopaint from day one... had a bit of a computer Glitch the other day..went to run Neopaint 4.7 warning screen comes up, Neopaint.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.... So I uninstall the program, down load and reinstall the latest 4.7 ( which I was using anyway) perfect install.... go to run the program, same error message neoPaint.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close
Running Windows XP Home.... 4ghg of memory.... lots of space on the HD
all my other programs are running fine.... Help Please

Bingee
virger

Postby Wrangler » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:49 am

Hi Bingee,

Could you provide details on your "computer glitch"? Obviously this had something to do with why you get this error.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:58 am

Your glitch sounds like a virus, so make sure that you have an up to date anti-virus program on your PC and run a full system scan.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Wrangler » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:16 am

Dave is right. I was waiting for a response before I suggested it. In most cases, if windows throws an error like that, something is preventing it from running properly, and is usually a worm or virus. And it may not affect other programs. The virus could have attached itself to a file that only certain programs use. You wouldn't know anything about it until that file was called.

I would highly recommend what Dave suggested. In fact, I would also include any free online scans, and download trial anti-virus software and run them also. There is not one virus scanner that catches them all. Look at it like a 'second opinion'.

And be sure to report back to us as to whether you got it to run or not. :)
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Return to General NeoPaint Discussion