Source language: Translate to:

NeoBook 5.6.2 Update Released

Information about NeoBook Updates

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoBook 5.6.2 Update Released

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:20 pm

NeoSoft Corp. has released NeoBook version 5.6.2.

The version 5.6.2 upgrade patch can be downloaded from the following website:

http://www.neosoftware.com/patch.html

Follow the instructions to download and apply the update patch.

NOTE: If you registered NeoBook 5 before February 1st 2008 then you will need to purchase a new registration code in order to use version 5.6 or higher. If you purchased NeoBook 5 after February 1st 2008, then this upgrade is free. Registered users of NeoBook 5.0 through 5.5.4 can purchase a new registration code for $25.

This update contains the following:

Enhancements

-Added an incremental search feature to the Action Selector. Type the first few letters of the action you‘re looking for and NeoBook will jump to the nearest match.

- And several other minor enhancements.

Fixes

-Corrected compatibility problems caused by changes Adobe made to Flash 10. Previously, attempting to use NeoBook’s Flash Player object with Flash 10 installed resulted in an access violation error.

-The debugger’s pause/step feature is no longer disabled after displaying a custom window.

-The FileSaveBox action now correctly appends the appropriate file extension if the user selects one of the supplied file masks.

-The Linked-Article object now correctly renders RTF documents with non-standard line spacing.

-NeoBook can now be used with the Windows Data Execution Prevention (DEP) security feature turned on. Previously, attempting to run NeoBook on a PC with DEP turned on would cause NeoBook to crash. This issue did not affect compiled publications.

-The file name for publications running in test mode has been changed from “PubName (Test).exe” to “PubName_Test.exe”. This corrects a compatibility issue with certain versions of Oracle which doesn’t like file names containing the “)” character.

-And several other minor fixes
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Horst Helfen » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:41 am

I only can find the 5.6.1 Update Patch on the mentioned page?

Bcould you please provide zipped versions of your updates as we are not allowed to download exe files in our office.
Horst Helfen

Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.
Horst Helfen

Postby HPW » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:49 am

I only can find the 5.6.1 Update Patch on the mentioned page?

I had no problem to download the 5.6.2 patch!
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby Horst Helfen » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:27 am

My browser did not reload the page correctly. As I had opened it yesterday it took it from the cache obviously and displayed the old version, containing the update 5.6.1.
Now I got it.
Horst Helfen

Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.
Horst Helfen

Postby David de Argentina » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi Dave,

The internal RTF Editor of the Spanish version 5.6.1 only allows to set cyan color. The rest of the colors are white.

Could you fix it ?

Thanks in advance,
David de Argentina
David de Argentina

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:53 pm

Hello David,

The internal RTF Editor of the Spanish version 5.6.1 only allows to set cyan color. The rest of the colors are white.

Yes, this is fixed in the Spanish v5.6.2.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby David de Argentina » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:50 pm

Hi Dave,

Sorry, after install NeoBook 5.6.2 patch, the behavior is the same..

Greetings from Buenos Aires,
David de Argentina
David de Argentina

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:53 pm

Hi David,

Sorry, after install NeoBook 5.6.2 patch, the behavior is the same..

You're right. That same problem was fixed in the French and Italian versions but was missed in the Spanish version. I'm sorry, I will try to fix it next week.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Bernardo » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:11 am

Search feature is really great. Congrats on the nice work
Thanks

Bernardo
Bernardo

Re: NeoBook 5.6.2 Update Released

Postby BurninBrainCells » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:14 pm

Hi Ya` Dave
So on the end user's machine, a flash object will GPF - if the user has flash 10+ installed?
I have v554, with v9 of flash on my computer, I have not had a problem in dev mode nor running complied exe's.
Thanks in advance ... BBC

[b]Fixes[/b]

-Corrected compatibility problems caused by changes Adobe made to Flash 10. Previously, attempting to use NeoBook’s Flash Player object with Flash 10 installed resulted in an access violation error.
BurninBrainCells

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:49 pm

So on the end user's machine, a flash object will GPF - if the user has flash 10+ installed?
I have v554, with v9 of flash on my computer, I have not had a problem in dev mode nor running complied exe's.

Adobe changed something in Flash 10 that made it incompatible with NeoBook's Flash player. This was corrected in NeoBook v5.6.2, but pubs created with earlier versions will probably have trouble on PCs with Flash 10 installed. There are no known problems associated with Flash 9 or earlier.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Fonts are not show

Postby smartmedia » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:10 am

Hi..

In one application i made i use Segoeuii Fonts.
From the compile i choose Include all fonts
Now i send the application to 2 friends of mine and they don't see the application with Segoeuii Fonts, instead Arial font is used. In those 2 machine the Segoeuii Fonts are not installed when the application is runned. After i send them the fonts sepate and ask them to put them in Fonts directory of the windows the application showed the Segoeuii Fonts.
That proves that even when the fonts are embedded inside the compiled exe are not used. This is a major bug and please check it you self to see.
smartmedia

Postby Wrangler » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:36 am

Unless the font is displayed somewhere in your pub, it won't be installed by neobook. Your setup program must do that.

Where in your pub is the font used? HTML? Article?
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby smartmedia » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:32 am

Hi..

Well, i use those fonts every where... Button - Text - Article - ListBox - ComboBox.

Try to make en example and use a font that other PC doesn't have and run the compile exe to second PC to see for your self.

Happy new year to all...
smartmedia

Postby Wrangler » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:39 am

Almost all of my titles (13) use different fonts, and they all show up correctly. Always have.

They won't show in external uses, such as generated html, or articles not created in Neobook. Have your setup program install the fonts when the exe is installed. If the font shows fine on your machine, and not others, it is because the font needs to be installed. For whatever reason they don't show.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Next

Return to NeoBook Upgrade News