Source language: Translate to:

Editable or 'Themed' scroll bars on list & combo boxes

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Editable or 'Themed' scroll bars on list & combo boxes

Postby RickOShay » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:42 pm

Having scroll bars that more closely represent the look and feel of an application would add a finishing touch that would complete most applications.

If there were a few scroll bar presets and or the ability to adjust the scroll bar colour - this feature would make a significant difference to the look of Neobook applications.
RickOShay

Postby Wrangler » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:09 am

Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:35 am

Maybe we can add this to a future version.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

This is a request for future development for Neobook

Postby RickOShay » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:41 am

I requested that this feature is built into future Neobook versions - hence my request being placed in this forum. If I was looking for plug-ins I would have gone to the appropriate forum. Thanks for the info in any event.

Personally I am tired of having to buy lots of plug-ins to solve minor design or cosmetic needs particularly when these features have already been earmarked for consideration by Neosoft. I am simply placing my interest in this feature on record in the hope they will not forget this when scheduling changes to the next NB ver.
RickOShay

Postby Wrangler » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:56 am

Gee, sorry Rick, I was just trying to offer a free substitute until Dave can add all these features to Neobook. tmScrollBars is free, and it has a small footprint. And it will do the job until it may become native to Neobook.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Re: This is a request for future development for Neobook

Postby smartmedia » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:17 pm

RickOShay wrote:Personally I am tired of having to buy lots of plug-ins to solve minor design or cosmetic needs particularly when these features have already been earmarked for consideration by Neosoft. I am simply placing my interest in this feature on record in the hope they will not forget this when scheduling changes to the next NB ver.

You have my vote on that.
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:43 pm

Personally I am tired of having to buy lots of plug-ins to solve minor design or cosmetic needs particularly when these features have already been earmarked for consideration by Neosoft...

If your expectation is that we will add every feature that has ever been requested, it's simply not going to happen. Although your request may sound like a minor five minute job, that's rarely the case. We do take all requests seriously, but in the end we have to weigh the benefits of a feature against the time and cost to implement it.

For example, unlike web pages, Microsoft does not provide an easy method for changing the color of scroll bars in an application. It's not impossible, but it requires rewriting every component that uses scroll bars - not a simple task.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Thanks for suggestion

Postby RickOShay » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:56 am

Sorry Wrangler my response illustrated my frustration!

I appreciate your help. I have the same issue with NeobookDX and a Vumeter /peak meter - tmNeobass is the only real solution I can find to add a VUmeter however - cant really use both plugins and tmNeobass is expensive for what it does given that it uses bass.dll and bass.dll has so many features under the hood that could have been leveraged in tmNeobass. I hope the next version of NeobookDx has some method of reading visualising signal levels. Thanks again for the suggestion.
RickOShay

Postby Leos » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:55 pm

... and please don't miss the possibility to control separately the scroll bars (vertical and horizontal)
Leos

Return to NeoBook Suggestions