Source language: Translate to:

Help Please...Hurrican Katrina

Questions or information that don't quite fit anywhere else

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Help Please...Hurrican Katrina

Postby Jay-Bird » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:23 am

Hello all from the wonderful Neobook community.

As you may know, I am from Louisiana. I have always appreciated the community spirit on this forum. We have been devistated, and families are in desperate need.
We are busy ( We have 4 Shelters here with 400+ evacuees) trying to feed, house and generally meet the needs of these neighbors...and I was wondering if all of you could put up a link to the coordinated efforts of some of the shelters here in Louisiana...

The link is :
www.churchofthe.net

We really appreciate this, and if NeoSoft finds this post innapproriate, please feel free to remove it, we are just desperate and looking (searching) for our friends and families.

Thank you kindly,
Jay Dearman (JayBird)

Also, if you would like to donate money, goods or services, please contact me at support@churchofthe.net

There is a paypal link on the frontpage of www.churchofthe.net

Any amount is needed as all of the local communities recieving the 1000's of victims are already hit themselves and recieve no moneys to help feed and house these folks.

Thank you again,
Jay

PS: I am in and out of Internet connectivity, so if I cant reply for a while, please forgive...
Jay-Bird

Postby Wrangler » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:10 am

Hi Jay,

Thanks for posting this. I think many are willing to donate, but don't know where to go to do so. Now they do.

I've put up a link to churchofthe.net and the paypal button on my peoplesalmanac.info site, which gets a ton of visitors. Later today, I will add to the rest of my sites.

I wish the best to all those affected, and the strength to make it through this terrible time. I've left too much beer on the streets of New Orleans to ignore this request. I hope others will follow suit and make a way to donate available on their web sites.

And thanks, Jay, for being there.

Note: These people are getting no help from the Red Cross, FEMA, or any other agencies. They are sitting around with nowhere to go waiting for government red tape. Now is the time to help. Dig deep.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:52 am

Thanks for your efforts Jay.

Our thoughts are with those who are suffering during this terrible confluence of tragedies (Mother Nature + poor government planning).

Other good places to donate are Mercy Corps and The Red Cross. Although it will likely take a while for those donations to make it those in need.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Wrangler » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:14 am

Here is a link to donate to the Red Cross through Amazon.com:

http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/paypag ... 15-2529713
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby DELCO » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:30 am

Thank you Jay !

I am really very sad to see the situation in Louisianna !
I know that French city of Orleans will offer help ( little help may be, but from bottom of heart ! ) I am sure other French cities will help too.
I personnaly saw people crying to see so much distress.
We are with you !
DELCO

Hurrican Victims Help!

Postby cp4w » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:49 am

Thanks Jay.
I added the link to my website also.My heart cries for all these wonderful people and all the missery that are enduring.I only wish I could do more for them.
Best regards and everyone should help any way they can.
BB

www.Tinytotbooks.com
cp4w

Postby Jay-Bird » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:31 pm

Thanks everyone ...esp for prayers...

UPDATE:

We have swollen to over 1100 evacuees in our little towns shelters here in our 2 parishes (no counties as you know) ... in some places more evacuees than towns people. Even more are staying in their cars in the parking lots...please get out the word for folks to help...when our children and grandchildren look back at the worst natural disaster that ever befell us, we can say "We did our best"... and know that is the truth.

We really appreciate the links and support!

gotta go, limited time and access.

See yall soon

JayBird
Jay-Bird

Postby Roxie » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:45 pm

Thank you, Jay, for your efforts and work. I, too, have posted a link to your site.

Many of you know that I lost almost all my earthly goods in Hurricane Ivan. But I knew even then that I was blessed and that God was marking out my path, and my spirit rejoices just thinking of His mercies.

I have Multiple Sclerosis and spent two days in a shelter for Special Needs during Ivan. Even with power, although no sewer for a day, the place quickly became foul, tensions were mounting, and fights were breaking out. However, I can't even imagine the horrors that those people in New Orleans are facing. My heart is wrenched from my chest each time I watch the news.

I wanted to post on this board, especially since it was the members on this board who God used to assist me during that time. I don't remember if I shared this before, but because of the MS I could not stay in Pensacola after Ivan. FEMA wouldn't meet me for an inspection - they're just not organized enough to make an appointment, so I received no help from the government. It was the members on this board who helped this individual. I would never discourage people from making donations to organizations - they truly need it. However, I have been praying for days, and will continue to pray, that God brings an individual or a family for me to return the blessings that the members of the NB community showered upon me.

Many thanks and Many Blessings.
Roxie

Thanks

Postby Jay-Bird » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:45 am

Roxie,

I appreciate the links, I have noticed many visitors from your site. I appreciate the "Testimony" also :D Great story to share.

I am just taking the time this morning to thank everyone (wont be possible - too many) who has participated in some way. It will probably be a feeble attempt, since we can NEVER repay all of you (America and the World)... you have been helping and praying for the poorest and most dis-advanteged people in the United States...Louisiana and Mississippi.

This "Thank You" may be the only payment you recieve Roxie...so I want to say it LOUD and LONG...

I have come back here occasionally thru the last 2 long weeks of working on this tradgedy to read your story...it has really Blessed me.

America and the World have really reached out to us...everyones effort is a GOOD effort.

No effort is "Too Small"...its the raindrops in harmony that turn into a stream.

Thank you,

God Bless,

Jay-Bird
www.churchofthe.net
Jay-Bird

THANK YOU

Postby rcohen » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:44 am

Thank you Jay!!

Your banner is on the home page at RCMedia!!

Whatever you guys need.... say the word!!

Cheers

rcohen
rcohen

A Great BIG Thanks rcohen and all

Postby Jay-Bird » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:02 am

Thanks RCMedia...and everyone else...Those banners mean a lot too us. We've recieved hundreds of hits from your websites, and I really appreciate it.

We've raised over $8000 in cash and over $136,000 worth of equipment thanks to everyone getting the word out.

...gotta get back to the shelters and church...have a Great Day and whats left of a weekend :D

God Bless each of you.

Jay-Bird
www.churchofthe.net
Jay-Bird

Postby Jay-Bird » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:42 pm

Wow ... a little more than 3 years and here we go again ... I hope the electricity will last a while...

here I am posting in many of my freq visited forums... again ...

keep us all in your thoughts and prayers ... again... :shock:

Thanks,

Jay
Jay-Bird

Postby Boo (Gulf Breeze) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:39 pm

Hi Jay-Bird,

I currently reside in Gulf Breeze, Florida, but I grew up in Slidell, Louisiana. We have family and friends over that way (including in New Orleans), so we are waiting to see how things will go. (Our home is filled with family who evacuated, and I may be driving to the New Orleans area in several days to assist with debris removal, etc.)

You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers...

Sincerely,

- Boo
Boo (Gulf Breeze)

Postby Wrangler » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:35 pm

Hang in there (again), Jay-Bird. Keep us posted.
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby Jay-Bird » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:01 pm

Thanks everyone ...

... we made it out with only 26 inches of rain in 24 hours...the Parsonage I was flooded out from in Katrina two years ago was lost AGAIN after a complete rebuild ... electricity off and on ... but everyone is safe!

Twice in 2 years after standing on dry ground for 50+ years.

We all appreciate your thoughts and prayers...stay dry!

Jay
Jay-Bird

Next

Return to Misc. Questions and Information