Source language: Translate to:

NeoBook 5.6 beta 3 Released!

Information about NeoBook Updates

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Postby sombra » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:38 am

I have tested a bit more about this, you can check it with this little application:
After of test with several programs (and files which are associated to a program)... The conclusion is that it happens only with a determinate type of programs, but not with all applications.
For example, this trouble is reproducible with "media player classic" (an others)
On my case, all applications tested in Windows XP SP3 worked as is expected, but not in windows vista and dual core. (still I don't know if it is caused by a dual core system or Windows vista)

Depending on the application this may not always be when the app's window is displayed.
Yes of course, but IMO we (the users) can not risk to release an application and that it works at 50%.

Please, could you check your code with the example wrote above? Might can be possible find a clue, with a program like media player classic which cause this problem.

--

A different issue, Can be take in count this suggestion for neobook 5.6? or.. is it a bit late?
I can read English, but... I write like Tarzan. (sorry)
sombra

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:07 am

I still cannot reproduce the LoadComplete problem you describe here. I have not downloaded "media player classic", but I tried many other applications. All appear to work correctly. However, it's certainly possible to write applications in such a way that they won't work with LoadComplete.

Code: Select all
Please, could you check your code with the example wrote above?

Here's the code:

CreateProcess...
WaitForInputIdle( ProcessHandle, INFINITE );

If you can think of any reason why this wouldn't work, let me know.

*WaitForInputIdle only works with GUI apps. There is no equivalent Windows API call for console/DOS apps.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby MC_RaT » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:21 am

Hello all.

I'm testing the new VBScript function editor, and to do what i want, i need to add "references" on my VBscript.

Is it possible, and if it is, can you tell me how ? :)

And i would know what are the limits with the VBScript Editor.
Can we do everithing that we want ? (with the VB limits of course)

Thanks a lot
MC_RaT

Postby Gaev » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:19 pm

MC_RaT:
i need to add "references" on my VBscript.

Can you elaborate ? ... what do you mean by "references" ? ... perhaps an example ?
Gaev

Postby Wrangler » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:22 pm

I think he means comments, like in the neobook action editor.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Gaev » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:32 pm

I think he means comments

As in the VBScript Examples folder, comment lines (in VBScript) begin with a single quote character ... '
Gaev

Postby MC_RaT » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:05 am

No, i mean include API or functions from external application.

In Visual Basic, references are in the VBP file, like this:

Code: Select all
Reference=*\G{00020430-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}#2.0#0#C:\WINDOWS\System32\stdole2.tlb#OLE Automation
MC_RaT

Postby Gaev » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:33 am

MC_RaT:

MicroSoft's Visual Basic (VB) and VBScript are two different entities ... if you can run a VBScript inside a .hta or .wsh file, then you should be able to Call a NeoBook Function file which has "instructions coded with VBScript".

Todate, I have NOT come across VBScripts that make the kind of API Calls/References that you describe ... if you have, can you provide a web address of an example VBScript that is doing so ?
Gaev

Postby MC_RaT » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:07 am

Ok, thank you.

i thunk that was same things :p
MC_RaT

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:52 am

NeoBook 5.6 will be released on Tuesday August 19th.

We have decided to charge a small upgrade fee of $25 for this update. Registered users of NeoBook 5.0 through 5.5.4 will be able to order the upgrade online starting on Tuesday. A CD version will also be available at a slightly higher price. This upgrade does not include a new printed user's manual.

Customers who purchased NeoBook within six months of the release of version 5.6 will not be required to purchase the upgrade. Also, if you think the upgrade fee is unfair or if you cannot afford it, please contact us by email and we will work something out.

While we have not charged for dot version upgrades in the past, software development and support are expensive. In order to nurture future NeoBook development, we felt that a small upgrade fee was warranted. We apologize if this causes you any inconvenience.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby wiseassoffice » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:54 am

I'm having a problem with polygon buttons...

See this little app
http://noheat.com/images/PubTest.zip

Try to click on the lower right part of the button. It seems like the polygon buttons are actually square instead of a polygon button.
http://www.noheat.com
Tech News too Cool!
&
http://www.15blogs.com
Get your Blog Seen, your Source for Link backs, Diggs, and Stumbles.
wiseassoffice

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:53 pm

Thanks for the sample pub. I will look into it.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby dpayer » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:09 am

Neosoft Support wrote:NeoBook 5.6 will be released on Tuesday August 19th.

We have decided to charge a small upgrade fee of $25 for this update. Registered users of NeoBook 5.0 through 5.5.4 will be able to order the upgrade online starting on TuesdayIn order to nurture future NeoBook development, we felt that a small upgrade fee was warranted. We apologize if this causes you any inconvenience.

Dave,

You have been more than fair with everyone in the past. This kind of cost is completely acceptable. To make it more palatable, I recommend that you establish a policy of when and for what reasons you will do a charge for updates. Then when the conditions are met, people will automatically realize there is a fee for this.

Further, you may want to impliment a support plan that would include updates and a more direct support option, as many other developers do. I know that will change somewhat the culture that has been established here. But, it is better to have the culture adapt to circumstances than to have it disappear from a lack of resources of the developer. We all want Neosoftware to prosper as a company.

David P.
dpayer

Postby Jay-Bird » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:24 am

Well put David... I agree.

I would like to see Neobook (and the Neosoft Community) continue to prosper and become more than the already best tool of its type on the market...

I look forward to the enhancements and features that are added at every stage ... I have paid more for a LOT less ... I have owned software that cost $600 (VB) and got less support, even paid for forum access that was less helpful than Neosofts free forum!

Being disabled (as I am) makes a person adhere to a strict budget and spend only on what is needed, esp in this tough economy, but Neobook is easily a justifiable expense ... I have made a handsome return on my investment in Neobook and its plugins ... as soon as I can I will be upgrading ... I already have 2 more projects on the horizon!

Best wishes ... Jay
Jay-Bird

Postby cp4w » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:52 am

I too agree with David.

W all want Neobook to prosper and receive the funding it needs.

Maybe David's idea of fee based support would work as well.
cp4w

PreviousNext

Return to NeoBook Upgrade News