Source language: Translate to:

Dumb Question - How do I Select TEXT from a rectangle?

General questions about using NeoPaint

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Dumb Question - How do I Select TEXT from a rectangle?

Postby rjuno » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi all,

Sorry for the basic question here, but I have tried for over an hour to figure out how to remove items without affecting other items.

Specifically, I created a gradient colored rectangle as a design for a web banner and I added some text. I then wanted to change the position and font attributes of the text but I am not able to select and edit the text area.

When I use the TEXT Selection Tool, I highlight the text, the Text Editor opens up but there is nothing to modify. If I use the CUT tool(s), it leaves a hole in my rectangle.

The same thing happened when I created a couple of circles in an effort to move them around and join them together and then selectively cut specific areas. I could not figure out how to select just one of the circles and re-position it without affecting other parts of my drawing.

What the heck am I missing?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
rjuno

Postby HPW » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:20 am

neopaint is a bitmap-drawing programm and not a programm like coreldraw/illustrator where a drawn object remain editable objects.

So when you placed a text in neopaint it gets painted into the bitmap and is then no more choosable as a text.
But when you are not satisfied with the result, you can back one step through the undo history and try it again.
Hans-Peter
HPW

Editing Text

Postby rjuno » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:07 pm

OK, that's sort of what I had figured out. But I do appreciate the response.

Thank you!
rjuno

Return to General NeoPaint Discussion