Source language: Translate to:

Bugs Report

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Bugs Report

Postby smartmedia » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:45 pm

Hi...

I create this topic so everybody post here the bugs they found...

Starting:

1) In the command dbpAddParameter the title in the window shows 217.

2) In the command dbpSetColumnWidths when i push the button preview i get access violation at address 08DEF271. Read of address 00000020, and also after that the command doesn't insert in editor.

3) If the name of a field in a databse is like this (last name) then when you paste form clipboard the object's it uses only the first part of the name as the variable (last).

That's in for now...
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:22 am

Hello, don't think this is a bug..however.. I am trying the new databasePro. I have an access database with a date time field. Is their a special way to control this to view correctly?

Some databases handle date/time fields differently than others so there may be some compatibility issues.

Does anyone know how MS Access displays this type of field?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Wrangler » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:50 pm

I can confirm dbpSetColumnWidths access violation. :o
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Wrangler » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:00 pm

dbpSetColumnTitles leaves out column title after clicking OK. and doesn't show even if typed in manually. How do you add new titles?
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby Wrangler » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:09 pm

Something:

You can define the way your want your dates and times to appear in a MS Access field. The format affects how the information will be viewed or printed, but does not change how it is stored. These instructions apply to MS Access 97.
Instructions
Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Steps
Step One
Open your table in Design view.
Step Two
Create a Date/Time datatype field, or click on one that is already created.
Step Three
In the Field Properties box in the bottom of the screen, Click on the General tab, and then on Format.
Step Four
When you click on Format, an arrow appears to the right side. Click on the arrow to obtain a menu of format choices.
Step Five
Select from General Date, Long Date, Short Date, General Time, Long Time or Short time.
Step Six
Save your table.
Tips & Warnings
Formats for any datatypes will be displayed according to the country that is selected in your Regional settings (the Regional Settings control panel on a Windows computer or the Map control panel on a Macintosh).
You can customize your date and time formats by using Custom Symbols. To obtain a list of custom symbols, press the F1 key while your cursor is in the Format field.

Taken from devarticles.com:

Although my server's regional settings are set to AU (dd/mm/yyyy), and even though the dates are being stored in the DB as dd/mm/yyyy, i have to QUERY the DB using US (mm/dd/yyyy) format.
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby David de Argentina » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:20 pm

Neosoft Support wrote:Does anyone know how MS Access displays this type of field?

Hi Dave,

This is my PowerBasic function in order to convert MS-Access DateTime Field in a string.
DateTime field must be fetched within a recordset. (variant variable)

FUNCTION AdoVariantDateTimeToStr ALIAS "AdoVariantDateTimeToStr" (BYREF vDate AS VARIANT) EXPORT AS STRING
LOCAL d AS ASCIIZ * 64
LOCAL dt AS STRING
LOCAL st AS SYSTEMTIME
LOCAL vbDate AS DOUBLE
vbDate = VARIANT#(vDate)
VariantTimeToSystemTime vbdate, st
GetDateFormat 0, 1, st, BYVAL %NULL, d, 64
dt = d
GetTimeFormat 0, 12, st, BYVAL %NULL, d, 64
dt = dt & " " & d
FUNCTION = dt
END FUNCTION

Check this API functions:

DECLARE FUNCTION VariantTimeToSystemTime LIB "OLEAUT32.DLL" ALIAS "VariantTimeToSystemTime" (BYVAL vbtime AS DOUBLE, lpSystemTime AS SYSTEMTIME) AS LONG

DECLARE FUNCTION GetDateFormat LIB "KERNEL32.DLL" ALIAS "GetDateFormatA" (BYVAL Locale AS LONG, BYVAL dwFlags AS DWORD, lpDate AS SYSTEMTIME, lpFormat AS ASCIIZ, lpDateStr AS ASCIIZ, BYVAL cchDate AS LONG) AS LONG

DECLARE FUNCTION GetTimeFormat LIB "KERNEL32.DLL" ALIAS "GetTimeFormatA" (BYVAL Locale AS LONG, BYVAL dwFlags AS DWORD, lpTime AS SYSTEMTIME, lpFormat AS ASCIIZ, lpTimeStr AS ASCIIZ, BYVAL cchTime AS LONG) AS LONG

I think you can get stuff for your plugin

Cheers,
David de Argentina

Edited on 06/22/2007:

This function convert datetime fields using US locale format (mm/dd/yyyy). it can be adapted in order to recreate dates using other locale formats like dd/mm/yyyy or dd-mm-yyyy
Last edited by David de Argentina on Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David de Argentina

Postby Wrangler » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:11 pm

Smartmedia: check the names you are using in the grid titles against this list:

http://sqlserver2000.databases.aspfaq.c ... words.html

Can't check myself right now, but I think it's what's causing the dbpSetColumnWidths error.
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

dbpSetAutoEdit

Postby smartmedia » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:27 am

Hi...

When i use the command on Access database
Code: Select all
dbpSetAutoEdit "Database" "Phones" "No"

and after try to create a new record
dbpAddRecord "Database" "Phones"

is not working... This is normal or a bug...???
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:41 am

Smartmedia:

I can't find anything wrong with the dbpSetAutoEdit action. Do you have some type of query running at the time you call dbpAddRecord?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

dbpShowAll

Postby smartmedia » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:05 pm

Hi...

I open an MySQL database without to open any table and if i give the command dbpShowAll the table is opening and show all data... Is this a bug or a normal behaviour...

Thanks
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:35 am

I open an MySQL database without to open any table and if i give the command dbpShowAll the table is opening and show all data... Is this a bug or a normal behaviour...

For consistency, it probably should generate an error message. However, you can use dbpQuery to open tables. dbpShowAll is actually a query to show the entire table which is why it works.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby smartmedia » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:48 pm

Hi...

First i set the properties of the grid like this:

dbpSetGridProperties "Rap" "Data" "Color=Window;Font=Arial,9,Normal,ANSI_CHARSET;FontColor=WindowText;AlternateRowColor=Window;
AlternateRowFontColor=WindowText;RowHeight=22;TitleColor=BtnFace;TitleFont=Arial,9,Normal,ANSI_CHARSET;TitleFontColor=BtnText;TitleRowHeight=22;HighlightColor=Highlight;
HighlightFontColor=HighlightText;EditColor=Window;EditFontColor=WindowText;ShowTitles=Yes;3DTitles=Yes;ShowGraphics=No;ShowIndicator=Yes;ShowColumnLines=Yes;
ShowRowLines=Yes;GridLineWidth=1;GridLineColor=BtnFace;AllowRowResize=No;AllowColumnResize=No;
AllowColumnSort=Yes;ConfirmDelete=No;ReadOnly=Yes;ShowNavigationBar=No"

dbpSetColumnOrder "Rap" "Data" "DateInserted;Size;Username"
dbpShowGrid "Rap" "Data" "Rectangle6"

Now if i execute:
dbpExecSQL "Rap" "SELECT * FROM Data WHERE (Title = '[ListBox1]');"

the dbpSetColumnOrder is changing like it was without it...
And after i must run the command again to fix... All this it blinks in user eyes.
smartmedia

Return to NeoBookDBPro