Source language: Translate to:

Window view

Questions or information that don't quite fit anywhere else

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Window view

Postby aandeg » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:31 am

First off, let me begin by saying that I know just enough about computers to get myself into trouble. I am not a programmer or code writer.

I have been working on a project to develop an Ojibwe language dictionary and when I found Neobook. It was just what I needed, Neobook is a fantastic program and is helping me to develop a very impressive dictionary. The dictionary will incorporate voice, video, sticky notes, and text boxes. While I have been able to make do with some things (like not being able to change the fonts in just the sticky notes), I do have one question.

Is is possible to change the size of the window view when working on the project? I know you can center the page in the window, however, because I have the book size setting on 1024 x 768, I can't view the entire window while working on it. I know I can change the window size by changing the winodws display properties settings, but this changes the size of everything on my system and all I want to do is reduce my work window view size in Neobook so that I can see the entire window as I am working on it.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
aandeg

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:07 am

I'm sorry, NeoBook does not have a zoom option. Incidentally, the same is true of other programming environments (Delphi, VisualBasic, etc.) that allow the use of actual Windows controls.

You might consider creating a re-sizable publication that can automatically adapt to different screen resolutions. This would allow users to size the publication window to whatever size best suits their environment and working style. The initial size of your publication could be much smaller than 1024 x 768 allowing you to see the entire work area while working in NeoBook. Creating a re-sizable publication requires a different philosophy than a static publication, so you may need to modify some of your existing design. If you're interested, a tutorial in NeoBook's help file called "Creating a Re-sizable Publication" is a good place to start.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to Misc. Questions and Information