Source language: Translate to:

NeoBookDX

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoBookDX

Postby Silas Underdog » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:59 pm

Hey everbuddy

Hope I'm not resurrecting old "put to rest" issues, but my search didn't find an answer. I need to know if Neobookdx supports midi volume. I get it to work fine with other media but even the sample pub when I load mid file the volume does not work. I wouldn't think this is a DirectX issue as there are many midi programs out there which claim to use DirectX technology and have volume control but I could be wrong.

I thank you
Silas Underdog

Postby Wrangler » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:04 am

You might want to try another midi file, to see if the other is not compatible for some reason. I recall in the past trying to run midi files that just wouldn't for an unknown reason.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:45 am

I just tested the sampe media player publication included with NeoBookDX and the volume control seemed to work correctly with MID files. Try running the sample media player and see if it works on your PC.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

NeoBookDX

Postby Silas Underdog » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:26 pm

Hey everbuddy

I just tought of something to try and now it works find. I was using Roland sound canvas for midi and when I changed back to use default sound card settiangs for midi it works perfectly. The sound canvas just makes midi sound much better. I have used it for years. It's the only thing I could find to make guitars sound like guitars instead of pianos. I really appreciate everyones help.

I thank you
Si
Silas Underdog

Return to PlugIn Discussions