Source language: Translate to:

Assistance Required - Plugin to set folder view type auto..

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Assistance Required - Plugin to set folder view type auto..

Postby ITSquare2 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:46 am

Hi,

have been searching around for some time for a plugin or some way to control web browser elements when they're used to view local folders.

Specifically I need to set the view style of a folder at runtime without the user having to manually do it, (eg. Thumbnails view, Tiles view, Icons view, List view, Details view...) the app it's going to be used in will be Windows XP specific so there won't be an issue with change in folder view styles across platforms.

Does anyone know how to script this so the folder view is automatic to the user? Or of a plugin which can accomplish this at runtime?

That's the basic gist of what needs to be done but more extensively on the subject; setting the exact size of icons and the font of text in the folder (if not impossible) would be of great benefit to my app.

If anyone knows how to script this, or of a plugin to do this I would be eternally greatful for any help offered.

Best Regards,
Peter
ITSquare2

Postby datadon » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:06 am

I haven't got a clue, but I will add my request with yours. I have need the same way to set that setting.

I use the old lgdialog plugin to be able to view images in folders, but this is a separte object that has a file finder and viewer combined. Works good. May be of interest to you. Email me my PM if you need this item.
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Postby Gaev » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:33 am

Peter:
have been searching around for some time for a plugin or some way to control web browser elements when they're used to view local folders.
... can you detail the steps in your application/pub leading to the display ?
Specifically I need to set the view style of a folder at runtime without the user having to manually do it, (eg. Thumbnails view, Tiles view, Icons view, List view, Details view...)
... and what is the desired view style ?
Does anyone know how to script this so the folder view is automatic to the user? Or of a plugin which can accomplish this at runtime?
... going from experience with Windows Explorer ... where you can force a view by folder ... I think the solution might lie in setting some Registry Keys ... though I don't know which.
If anyone knows how to script this, or of a plugin to do this I would be eternally greatful for any help offered.
a) does it have to be a display in the Browser Object ?

b) How about a utility routine that takes the results of a FileList command and ...

- builds html that specifies thumbnail images (in a specified X by Y matrix) and feeds this html to the Browser Object ?

OR

- or updates variables associated with a bunch of Picture Objects arranged in a Thumbnail matrix on a separate NeoBook Page ?
Gaev

Postby ITSquare2 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:41 am

Hi,

... can you detail the steps in your application/pub leading to the display ?

Basically a button will tell the browser object to open say 'C:\folder' to display its contents instead of a webpage.

... and what is the desired view style ?

Desired view would be settable via a button click to set between different styles, List, or Icon, or Thumbnail for example, without the user actually having to right click and use the windows default menu.

... going from experience with Windows Explorer ... where you can force a view by folder ... I think the solution might lie in setting some Registry Keys ... though I don't know which.

I read something to this affect in a post on this forum, however it was very very technical and only seemed to work in rare cases!

a) does it have to be a display in the Browser Object ?.......

Unfortunetly it DEFENETLY has to be a browser object that accomplishes it, or at least an object that posesses all of the exact same properties of a windows folder.
ITSquare2

Postby Gaev » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:13 am

Peter:
Desired view would be settable via a button click to set between different styles, List, or Icon, or Thumbnail for example, without the user actually having to right click and use the windows default menu.

Unfortunetly it DEFENETLY has to be a browser object that accomplishes it
You might explore crafting an html document with Frames ... one to display the entries in a given folder ... the other with button(s) whose onClick action is to send mouse actions and keystrokes to the other frame.
... or at least an object that posesses all of the exact same properties of a windows folder
Can you be specific ?
Gaev

Postby ITSquare2 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:16 am

This still wouldn't get around the user having to right click the folder displayed in the web object and manually setting the view style unfortunetly.
ITSquare2

Postby ITSquare2 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:33 am

The items in the folder would be dynamic, eg. the user would drag and drop them in there from the desktop or an explorer window outside of the neobook app for example, this is why html crafted frames would be of no use in this instance, the web object we're trying to use in this way as it's the easiest object to drag external elements/shortcuts etc. into.

All we need to work out is how to manipulate how the item is displayed once its inside the folder (web object).
ITSquare2

Return to PlugIn Discussions