Source language: Translate to:

New Plugin "nzPlugin Flash Media" released !

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

New Plugin "nzPlugin Flash Media" released !

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:49 am

Hi All,

nzPlugin Flash Media for Neobook are two Plugins.

1. nzPluginSWFcreate

With 10 easy functions, you can create Animation flash file without Macromédia.
Just with this plugin, create an unlimited (Imagination is the Limit...) Flash file Animation possible with Image, Geometry, and image Text.

One Function can add Action ( OnClic ) who works with the Flash_Neobook_Object ( fscommand actived ),
to call Neobook Actionscript, or All OTHER PLUGIN Action INSIDE A PUB.

2. nzPluginSWFviewer

With this, you can create Flash Player ( 10 in the same time possible) with a lot of
function ( Show, Hide, Move,Resize, custom window etc etc...)
AND a lot of flash Action ( play, Pause, Stop,CurrentFrame, Gotoframe etc etc etc....).
Works with nzPLuginSWFcreate --> Add Action like Flash_Neobook_Object with fscommand actived.

You can download a trial Version here with Tutorial examples:

Http://christian.chauvin.free.fr/Zip/Tr ... nFlash.zip

Enjoy

By

Christian
Chris

Postby cp4w » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:11 am

Another amazing plug-in from Chris.

In my humble opinion his plug-ins are really unbelievable.

They are the most under utilized underrated plug-ins.

Thank you Chris.
cp4w

Postby remlap » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:24 am

Yes, I would also like to echo SHX's sentiments. Pourtant une autre merveilleux produire.

Merci, Christian.
remlap

Postby Gaev » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:56 am

Chris:

Thank you for yet another innovative plugin for NeoBook ; with nzPluginSWFcreate, one can now the extend the uses of NeoBook into a whole new arena ... as a builder/creator of (standalone) .swf files.

Tried playing around with it last night ... have a few questions and (surprise!) suggestions as well.

a) Any plans to add "an audio object" to the Text, Shapes (Circle and Rectangle), Image (Circle and Rectangle) and Link objects (assets) ?

b) Text object (nz_SWF_TEXT) ...

i) has ... [Quality] Compression quality jpg in flash file ( 0 to 100 ) ... as its second parameter ; can you explain what it means/does ?

ii) provides parameter for background color ; can one specify a value to indicate "transparent" ?

iii) provides parameter for text (foreground) color ; can one specify a value to indicate "transparent" ; i.e. to give "stencil" effect ?

iv) is it possible to specify styles (e.g. Bold, Italic, Underlined) ?

v) is it possible to specify font size ?

vi) is it possible to specify (basic) html text e.g. "<b>Nice Job </b><iChris<i>" ?

vii) is it possible to specify multi-line text i.e. some special text to indicate "new line" ?

c) Rectangle Object (nz_SWF_RECT) ...

i) perhaps a param to specify "rounded corners" ... or even "corner type" ... so other patterns (like diagonal etc.) can be offered in future ... and ability to specify color of (resulting) background ... and being able to specify "transparent" for either foreground or background ?

ii) perhaps params to specify border color and thickness

d) Circle Object (nz_SWF_CIRCLE) ...

i) perhaps params to specify border color and thickness

ii) ability to specify color of background ... and being able to specify "transparent" for either circle area or background area ?

e) Rectangle Image (nz_SWF_RIMAGE) ...

i) Any possiblity of support for .png format files ?

ii) perhaps a param to specify "rounded corners" ... or even "corner type" ... so other patterns (like diagonal etc.) can be offered in future ... and ability to specify color of (resulting) background ... and being able to specify "transparent" for background ?

iii) perhaps params to specify border color and thickness

f) Circle Image (nz_SWF_CIMAGE) ...

i) i) Any possiblity of support for .png format files ?

ii) params to specify border color and thickness

iii) ability to specify color of (resulting) background ... including (the current default) of "transparent"

g) Links (nz_SWF_LINK) ...

i) Perhaps you can explain details of how this works ... there is ability to specify color (r,g,b) ... but no ability to specify link text (or image) ... so how is the object size (width, height) determined ?

ii) does the link action get triggered when user clicks on "any part of the Flash Canvas" ?

iii) if another object is then "partially overlayed" on top of the link object (in the same frame), what happens when user clicks when mouse pointer is over another object ?

iv) It is nice to be able to specify the link trigger to be a url, another .swf file that replaces current one (level0) or one that overlays (level1, level2 etc.) current movie and NeoBook actions ... would it be possible to enable additional action to Jump to Another Frame (in the same .swf file) ... perhaps to a Frame Label (e.g. "Chapter2") ... and then add (optional) parameter to nz_SWF_FRAME command e.g.

nz_SWF_FRAME "Chapter2"

... to indicate which frame is going to be labelled "Chapter2" ... of course, multiple commands with same label would create error condition.

May have more questions/suggestions after I play with it some more.

P.S. I also appreciate the small plugin size !
Gaev

Postby Chris » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:42 am

Hi All,

In response to Gaev, and for all Neobooker

Tried playing around with it last night ... have a few questions and (surprise!) suggestions as well.
-Response

a) Any plans to add "an audio object" to the Text, Shapes (Circle and Rectangle), Image (Circle and Rectangle) and Link objects (assets) ?

- Sound in Flash file is very very complex

b) Text object (nz_SWF_TEXT) ...

i) has ... [Quality] Compression quality jpg in flash file ( 0 to 100 ) ... as its second parameter ; can you explain what it means/does ?

- nz_SWF_TEXT create a jpeg image with text ( classic draw text function in flash is to very very complex and the size of the Plugin will be largest )
- Quality is the level compression jpeg image to put in the flash file ( 100 = good ->but large size, 20 = bad ->but small size)

ii) provides parameter for background color ; can one specify a value to indicate "transparent" ?

- No transparent possible because it's an jpeg image

iii) provides parameter for text (foreground) color ; can one specify a value to indicate "transparent" ; i.e. to give "stencil" effect ?

iv) is it possible to specify styles (e.g. Bold, Italic, Underlined) ?

- No, Font name only

v) is it possible to specify font size ?

- You set the size with the nz_SWF_LAYER Function in percent with your rect flash file

vi) is it possible to specify (basic) html text e.g. "<b>Nice Job </b><iChris<i>" ?

_ no text in flash file, only image ( color, picture, text )

vii) is it possible to specify multi-line text i.e. some special text to indicate "new line" ?

- for multi line, you must create muti nz_SWF_TEXT

c) Rectangle Object (nz_SWF_RECT) ...

i) perhaps a param to specify "rounded corners" ... or even "corner type" ... so other patterns (like diagonal etc.) can be offered in future ... and ability to specify color of (resulting) background ... and being able to specify "transparent" for either foreground or background ?

_ Perhaps, but its very very complex

ii) perhaps params to specify border color and thickness

- You can make border with nz_SWF_RECT and percent size

d) Circle Object (nz_SWF_CIRCLE) ...

i) perhaps params to specify border color and thickness

- Same response (You can make border with nz_SWF_CIRCLE and percent size)

ii) ability to specify color of background ... and being able to specify "transparent" for either circle area or background area ?

_ To transparent use the var (alpha%) in nz_SWF_LAYER

e) Rectangle Image (nz_SWF_RIMAGE) ...

i) Any possiblity of support for .png format files ?

- No only ( JPG, BMP, GIF)

ii) perhaps a param to specify "rounded corners" ... or even "corner type" ... so other patterns (like diagonal etc.) can be offered in future ... and ability to specify color of (resulting) background ... and being able to specify "transparent" for background ?

iii) perhaps params to specify border color and thickness

f) Circle Image (nz_SWF_CIMAGE) ...

i) i) Any possiblity of support for .png format files ?

- No only ( JPG, BMP, GIF)

ii) params to specify border color and thickness

- Same response (You can make border with nz_SWF_CIRCLE and percent size)

iii) ability to specify color of (resulting) background ... including (the current default) of "transparent"

_ To transparent image (all) use the var (alpha%) in nz_SWF_LAYER

g) Links (nz_SWF_LINK) ...

i) Perhaps you can explain details of how this works ... there is ability to specify color (r,g,b) ... but no ability to specify link text (or image) ... so how is the object size (width, height) determined ?

-All object size are determined by the ratio in nz_SWF_LAYER of you flash file (Width and Height).
-nz_SWF_LINK create a canvas with color to add action with ( clic mouse ) in your flash file
- when you put your link create with nz_SWF_LAYER you can make transparent the link ([alpha%]=0) and put text or image on with the same size to make button for example.

ii) does the link action get triggered when user clicks on "any part of the Flash Canvas" ?

- You determine by the size in nz_SWF_LAYER function, where the clic is possible.

- Example :
- [MyAction1] is create with nz_SWF_LINK function
- nz_SWF_LAYER "[MyAction1]" "0" "0" "50" "50" "0" "0" "[rResult]" place action in the left hight corner for with/2 (50%) and Height/2 (50%)

iii) if another object is then "partially overlayed" on top of the link object (in the same frame), what happens when user clicks when mouse pointer is over another object ?

- if another object is then "partially overlayed" on top of the link object :Action go.
- Only another link object on top of the link object modify Action

iv) It is nice to be able to specify the link trigger to be a url, another .swf file that replaces current one (level0) or one that overlays (level1, level2 etc.) current movie and NeoBook actions ... would it be possible to enable additional action to Jump to Another Frame (in the same .swf file) ... perhaps to a Frame Label (e.g. "Chapter2") ... and then add (optional) parameter to nz_SWF_FRAME command e.g.

nz_SWF_FRAME "Chapter2"

... to indicate which frame is going to be labelled "Chapter2" ... of course, multiple commands with same label would create error condition.

you can jump to an other frame with Neobook Action gotoframe ( with flash Neobook object ) or nzPluginviewer function gotoframe ( in a Plugin lash player object)
Chris

Postby Gaev » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:57 am

Chris:

Thank you for a prompt response.

Sound in Flash file is very very complex
... so I have heard ... :-(

It is nice to be able to specify the link trigger to be a url, another .swf file that replaces current one (level0) or one that overlays (level1, level2 etc.) current movie and NeoBook actions ... would it be possible to enable additional action to Jump to Another Frame (in the same .swf file) ... perhaps to a Frame Label (e.g. "Chapter2") ... and then add (optional) parameter to nz_SWF_FRAME command e.g.

nz_SWF_FRAME "Chapter2"

Response:
You can jump to an other frame with Neobook Action gotoframe ( with flash Neobook object ) or nzPluginviewer function gotoframe ( in a Plugin lash player object)
a) First question that comes to mind is "how would one know the frame number in advance" ? ... without parsing through the nz_SWF_CREATE to nz_SWF_CLOSE sequence once ... to create a "label <--> number" cross reference ... then inserting that number in the link(s) that call NeoBook ?

b) Also takes away the ease of use (of such a facility) ... especially when called inside an <object></object> tag pair within an html document.

c) And impossible when sending resulting .swf to another user as an email attachment.

Would be real nice if you could come up with some kind of direct method of navigation from inside the .swf file.
a param to specify "rounded corners"
response:
_ Perhaps, but its very very complex
... I can simulate with ovelays of four circles and two (smaller) rectangles ... can the plugin do something similar internally ?
Response:
... yes, this can be simulated with a smaller rectangle on top of a slightly larger one ... but with all the % calculations required, it might make the plugin more appealing if it can be done via additional parameters.

May I also suggest that ... for the benefit of future potential customers who might not read your response here ... you add some these explanations in the (.rtf) documentation file ... particularly ...

- nz_SWF_TEXT create a jpeg image with text ( classic draw text function in flash is to very very complex and the size of the Plugin will be largest )
- Quality is the level compression jpeg image to put in the flash file ( 100 = good ->but large size, 20 = bad ->but small size)
- Font name only ... you set the size with the nz_SWF_LAYER Function in percent with your rect flash file
- for multi line, you must create muti nz_SWF_TEXT

-All object size are determined by the ratio in nz_SWF_LAYER of you flash file (Width and Height).
-nz_SWF_LINK create a canvas with color to add action with ( clic mouse ) in your flash file
- when you put your link create with nz_SWF_LAYER you can make transparent the link ([alpha%]=0) and put text or image on with the same size to make button for example.
- You determine by the size in nz_SWF_LAYER function, where the clic is possible.
- Example :
- [MyAction1] is create with nz_SWF_LINK function
- nz_SWF_LAYER "[MyAction1]" "0" "0" "50" "50" "0" "0" "[rResult]" place action in the left hight corner for with/2 (50%) and Height/2 (50%)
- if another object is then "partially overlayed" on top of the link object :Action go.
- Only another link object on top of the link object modify Action

- can only use JPG, BMP, GIF ... no PNG ... for images

New Question/Suggestion:

a) Can you talk a little bit more about appropriate values for "frame rates" ? ... your sample/tutorial pub uses 25 frames/second (fps) ... a number of other programs used more like 4 to 5 fps ... I am guessing because older/slower computers may not be able to handle all the frame rendering in so short a time ... do you have some recommendations in this area ?

b) For the nz_SWF_FRAME command, Would it be possible to have an additional parameter ... (something like) [RepeatCount] ... so ...

nz_SWF_FRAME "10"

... would indicate that ... Add All layers in the next 10 frames ... save NeoBook (script) developers from wrapping everything in a Loop/EndLoop block.

Thank you again for the plugin and your response to questions/suggestions.
Gaev

Postby Gaev » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:31 pm

Chris:

In addition to the questions in my previous post ... and the suggestion I emailed to you (two weeks ago) about possibility of a new command like nz_SWF_LAYER_TO_JPEG "filename" "quality" ... I have another usggestion for improving this plugin ... i.e. just like the existing nz_SWF_LINK command, would it be possible to have a nz_SWF_AUTOLINK command ... so, the plugin/swf would perform the action WITHOUT the user having to click on the object ... so you could ...
Code: Select all
Example :   

nz_SWF_AUTOLINK "Http://christian.chauvin.free.fr" "_parent" "255" "255" "255" "rImage" "Result"
Open an  url in a new window

nz_SWF_AUTOLINK "MyFlash.swf" "_level0" "255" "255" "255" "rImage" "Result"
Open a new flash file in the same object

nz_SWF_AUTOLINK "MyFlash.swf" "_level1" "255" "255" "255" "rImage" "Result"
Open and Add a flash file in the same object  ( _level2 _level3 etc etc etc add and add )

nz_SWF_AUTOLINK "Neobook" "AlertBox 'Titre' 'Message'" "255" "255" "255" "rImage" "Result"
Create a Neobook Action.
... which could have two immediate benefits ...

a) enable people to build movies out of many small clips ... mixing and matching them just like Leggo toys/bricks.

b) introduce sound into their movies ... by auto-linking to .swf files that are audio-only ... made using programs that do mp3-to-swf and wav-to-swf.
Gaev

Postby Chris » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:20 am

Hi All,

nzPlugin Flash file is UPDATE.

Add after Gaev suggestion a nz_SWF_ACTION ( run direct in the flash code)
Like nz_SWF_LINK, but without Clic Action.

Download Trial version Update :
http://christian.chauvin.free.fr/Zip/Tr ... nFlash.zip

All registers users receive new free Plugin today

by
Chris

Postby Gaev » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:03 pm

Chris:

Thank you for the "lightening response"... should make the plugin (and NeoBook) a lot more useful.

Not to sound greedy ... ... but any response on the previous suggestion I emailed to you (two weeks ago) about possibility of a new command like nz_SWF_LAYER_TO_JPEG "filename" "quality" ?

And would love to know your thoughts about appropriate values for "frame rates"

Thanks again.
Gaev

Postby Chris » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi Gaev,

About appropriate value for FPS ( frames rate),
a number between 15 And 25 are good for the "Look" of a flash movie animation.
Remember that your TV has a speed = to 25 Images/seconde and make good movie...

If you want a speedy movie, put 30 or 40 fps by example
If you want a low movie, pu 10 by examples.

For examples, the majority of Flash file on the web has 20-25 fps.
For examples the majority of video (avifile) has 15-20 fps

All computer support easy this.

by
Chris

Postby Gaev » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:42 pm

Thank you for this useful information ... will standardize on 20 FPS ... not too fast for older computers ... fast enough for smooth animation effect.
Gaev

Postby Gaev » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:31 am

Chris:

What is the best way to communicate with you ? ... via email (I have had no luck with the address on your website) ? ... or Private Message on this forum ?

I have been playing with your plugin that creates Flash (swf) files ... works great ... I built a wrapper around it with NeoBook script commands, so users can describe "scenes" i.e. ...
Code: Select all
objectX,
startTime,startX,startY,startW,startH,startRotation,startTranslucency, endTime,endX,endY,endW,endH,endRotation,endTranslucency,
AnimationPath (line,sinewave,spiral,sawtooth etc)
... instead of doing calculations and typing commands for each frame.

It works ... but even on my (new) Athlon 3500 computer, it takes a long time to issue the commands ("loops with NeoBook scripts") ... e.g. 18 seconds for a 4 second movie at 15 FPS ... having 16 objects and about 20 scenes.

I wanted to discuss possible enhancements to your plug-in so that such a wrapper can be a plugin command ... that performs the same wrapper-logic in C++. If you are interested, please let me know how we can discuss this.

Also, in addition to the location (x,y,), size (width,height), rotation and translucency options, have you considered option to "skew" images/objects ?
Gaev

Postby cp4w » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:35 am

Gaev,

Your enhancements and approval would certainly make this plug-in a must buy. Hope you hear back.
cp4w

Postby Gaev » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:39 pm

Chris:

a) I noticed that if I play the .swf file in IE ... without any container html, the entire movie loops ... until I right click and turn OFF the Macromedia menu item "Loop".

Wondering if this default value can be set to OFF from within the movie ... or at least selectable (ON/OFF) by NeoBook developer at creation time ... that way, you can send an .swf file to someone and not have to worry about sending an associated container html file ... and teaching them how to save the two files in a folder and double clicking on the html file in Windows Explorer etc.

b) Also, just tried out your enhancement ...

nz_SWF_ACTION "myOther.swf" "_level1" "[nzReturn]"

... worked fine ... except that this _level1 animation goes into an infinite loop ... even when the primary animation/swf comes to an end ... I have setup the NeoBook Flash object's "Loop" property to be OFF.

Even when I invoke a FlashStop command, the _level1 animation does NOT stop.

Is it possible to have the _level1 animation stop at the same time as the main animation ? i.e. either when main animation comes to an end (and is not set for looping) or when a FlashStop command is invoked.
Gaev

Postby Chris » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:40 am

Hi,

In response to stop a add swf file,

"nz_SWF_ACTION "myOther.swf" "_level1" "[nzReturn]"

Put this command to stop and unload a swf file in _levelxx:

nz_SWF_ACTION "" "_level1" "[nzReturn]"

By

Christian
Chris

Next

Return to PlugIn Discussions