Source language: Translate to:

Problem with Calendar Plugin

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Problem with Calendar Plugin

Postby beno » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:18 pm

Hi,

I´m using the Calendar Plugin (NeoSoft) and have problems with it:

- I can create calendars nice with it except for Febraury, no kidding, when I try to create the calendar for this month this message appears:

I´m running my pub in design mode, after this I try to close my running pub and go back to authoring environment but NB stops responding and I have to close NB completely.

The publication is real simple and can be downloaded at:

http://www.jacarandas.com/neobook/mycalendar.pub

Note: The code to create the date uses Mexico standard for dates (dd/mm/yy), maybe you have to modify it to suit your country.

I´m running NB 5.0.3 english version, Win XP Pro plain, ...

Saludos,

beno
beno

Postby Sam Cox » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:57 pm

Confirmed!

The plugin has a problem with February. By experimenting I think I've found the source of the problem. It appears that when initiating the display of a month, the programmer first gets the current day of the current month from the computer, and then tries to set that day for the selected month. Since today (March 29, 2006) is day 29, the plugin tries to set February 29 which is an error. I found that by resetting my computer's calendar to March 28, the February problem disappears. But beno is right, the plugin is useless as currently written. This bug needs a'fixin'.

I believe the problem with this plugin would appear in a slightly different way on May 31. If on May 31 you tried to display a calendar for the month of April, I expect that plugin would try to create a calendar with the day April 31 which doesn't exist. The plugin would then crash as beno described.
Sam Cox

Re: Problem with Calendar Plugin

Postby dpayer » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:58 pm

beno wrote:Hi,

I´m using the Calendar Plugin (NeoSoft) and have problems with it:

beno

Have you had any problems with the calendar not resizing properly?

I set the dimensions of a calendar (both in the startup actions and by page) and it was fine the first time I went to a page but when I went to another page and came back, the calendar no longer was the right size for the rectangle.

Anyone else run into this?

David P.
dpayer

Postby beno » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:34 pm

Hi David,

Have you had any problems with the calendar not resizing properly?

The plugin resizes nice for me in general but in the problematic example described resize wrong.

:(

Saludos,

beno
beno

Postby AlfB » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:21 am

hi,

didn't check out the example, but by just having a short look at it, the following typo:

Text=January¶Febraury¶March¶April¶May¶June¶July¶August¶September¶October¶November¶December
AlfB

Postby hlmonok3dz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:35 am

Sorry, about the problems with the calendar. It's primarily intended to be used as a learning tool for plug-in developers and wasn't officially released as a stand-alone plug-in. However, I will make a note to correct the errors and release an updated version soon.
hlmonok3dz

Postby AlfB » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:17 am

No, josea, it's in the plugin developers toolkit http://www.neosoftware.com/software/nbwplugin.zip , you can find it in the delphi directory.

Hope that helps

ALF
AlfB

Postby beno » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:52 pm

Hi Dave,

Sorry, about the problems with the calendar. It's primarily intended to be used as a learning tool for plug-in developers and wasn't officially released as a stand-alone plug-in.

In fact this plugin is real cool. I'd like to use it in my projects, a updated version will be wellcome.

Saludos,

beno
beno

Postby rcohen » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:50 pm

Dave,

After you have fixed the error, perhaps we can talk you into including it on your plugins page as well ?

r
rcohen

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:19 am

After you have fixed the error, perhaps we can talk you into including it on your plugins page as well?

It doesn't have a help file or installer, but I'll see what we can do.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:57 pm

An updated version of the Calendar plug-in along with a sample publication can be downloaded using the following link:

http://www.neosoftware.com/software/CalendarPlugIn.zip

This plug-in doesn't have an installer, so you will need to manually unzip the files into your Plug-Ins folder (or a subfolder of your choice). Then load NeoBookCalendar.nbp using NeoBook's Options > Install Plug-Ins command.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby beno » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:05 pm

Good news and thanks a lot!!

Saludos,

beno
beno

Return to PlugIn Discussions