52%
Shareware or freeware
11%
Frisbee
4%

Total votes : 27

For What Do You Use Neobook?

Postby Wrangler » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:24 pm

Just a little poll to see what NB is used the most for.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby John Sherman » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:11 pm

My main program, written in Visual Basic, calls or uses four external NB support utilities that I developed:
(1.) 70 page main progam Help File Display System using the NB pdf plug-in (called by the F1 key from multiple forms in main program - context sensitive - displays the appropriate pdf page that provides help for the main program form that called it),
(2.) Tutorial System called by the main program that displays Camtasia created video (main program training) that originates from my website,
(3.) Main Program Internet update checker utility that displays main program news and advertising while downloading main program updates from my website, and
(4.) CD menu program for running installation instruction videos and running main program installation file.

By using NB, I have been able to accelerate my main program delivery schedule this year because of the ease I was able to develop the four, support utilities. It would have taken me many months more to develop these utilities in Visual Basic. NB is great!

BTW I started using NB 5 on 10/21/2005
John Sherman

Postby rcohen » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:18 am

Thanks for sharing John...

True, it's easy to think of NB as an "opposition" to other environments, rather than it's practical world application as a super friendly RAD system for complimentary use. Your comment also puts into perspective, some questions I've had about the relative ease of use of something like VB for MY level of authoring.

Thanks.

rcohen
rcohen

Postby theMaverick » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:46 pm

Currently under development. A complete pre press system to handle newspaper publishing.... (Yup the complete daily newspaper) right from getting wire feeds into sorted folders to uploading and maintaining the entire website. All done in NB.

thats how powerful this baby is. I bless the day i stumbled upon this App.

Ill post a link to the website as soon as it is up and roaring.
[people with a spark of genius often have ignition trouble]
theMaverick

Postby rcohen » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:14 pm

theMaverick wrote:Currently under development. A complete pre press system to handle newspaper publishing.... (Yup the complete daily newspaper) right from getting wire feeds into sorted folders to uploading and maintaining the entire website. All done in NB.

thats how powerful this baby is. I bless the day i stumbled upon this App.

Ill post a link to the website as soon as it is up and roaring.

Sounds like an awsome project Maverick!! Lots of luck with it!

rcohen
rcohen

Postby datadon » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:38 am

Over the years I have mainly use Neobook as a tool for my day job in creating time/money saving software and utiliites that have brought me tons of accolades and bonuses (that's a joke). But in reality it probably has kept me employed when others have hit the road.

Recently my focus has been on creating html and text generation tools for our ebay businesses. Robert Cohen's Webedit software was instrumental in getting me headed that way.

I suspect we all have our top secret projects that we don't want to let the cat out of bag so to speak until we have made our first million. I wish I could tell you what it is, but I am only half way there so far. ;-)

All in all it has been fun and profitable and I'm glad that "I know the secret"

Thanks Neobook.

Don
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Return to General NeoBook Discussions