Source language: Translate to:

SendKeys as Web Browser KB Shortcuts

Questions or information that don't quite fit anywhere else

Moderator: Neosoft Support

SendKeys as Web Browser KB Shortcuts

Postby domino » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:33 am

My pub has a Web Browser linked to simple Webpage consisting of 1 Gif image... This gif image is a map of places and landmarks etc... although only 80Kb its pixel size is approx 1500x1500. - The Web Browser Object dimensions are approx 500x400

On the Pub Page there is a list box with all the place names and locations for the user to select.

When the user makes a selection the Web Browser Object is focussed and using send keys commands (IE KB shortcuts in effect) to center the chosen location in the Web Browser Object.... So Far so good..

But prior to making a new selection the Image in the Browser needs to be 'Zeroed' ie Top and Full Left - I can achieve the Top action easily by SendKeys {Home} - But end up having to create a Loop with up to 100 Send Keys {Left} to go full left.

1. I can`t find a shortcut key to do this and was wondering if anyone knew of an easier way....

2. Not important but it seems that if I Hide The Web Browser Scroll Bars the kb short cuts no longer work... Is there any way around this?

Rgds
Dave
domino

Postby domino » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:57 am

Doh.. disregard the previous - just refreshing the Browser does it...
domino

Postby Gaev » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:16 am

Dave:
2. Not important but it seems that if I Hide The Web Browser Scroll Bars the kb short cuts no longer work... Is there any way around this?
"Hiding the Scroll Bars" ... is in fact "Preventing User from Scrolling" ... via mouse or keyboard ... so, normally, this is not an option desired by many web page developers ... as such, I don't think such an option is available to NeoBook to offer to (script) developers.

But you could use the old trick of "forcing scrollbars" and then hiding (from user view) via Rectangle Objects judiciously placed over the Scrolling Regions of the Web browser Object ... making the Rectangles the same color as the adjacent background.
But prior to making a new selection the Image in the Browser needs to be 'Zeroed' ie Top and Full Left - I can achieve the Top action easily by SendKeys {Home} - But end up having to create a Loop with up to 100 Send Keys {Left} to go full left. I can`t find a shortcut key to do this and was wondering if anyone knew of an easier way....
Just noticed that RefreshObject works in your layout ... but may not work with other layouts ... in which case, one could place javascript/dhtml stuff in the <head> section of the loaded document, which responds to "a designated shortcut key" and scrolls to the top left corner of the document ?
Gaev

Postby domino » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:36 am

Just noticed that RefreshObject works in your layout ... but may not work with other layouts ... in which case, one could place javascript/dhtml stuff in the <head> section of the loaded document, which responds to "a designated shortcut key" and scrolls to the top left corner of the document ?

Good idea....

Now I`m able to move around the Map(s) as it were, the next task is to use HTML Image Map Links + NB Action Commands to pull location data and info from the DB to generate HTML(D) pages on the fly... Who needs GIS!
domino

Return to Misc. Questions and Information