Source language: Translate to:

Made a new prof. Application with barcode scanner

Questions or information that don't quite fit anywhere else

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Made a new prof. Application with barcode scanner

Postby Cipolla » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:13 am

Hi foks,

i just wanted to let you know what all could be done with neobook in an easy way.

I have a customer that wanted to have a video browser for his video store. The visitors should take a dvd, go to the videobrowser station and than a barcodescanner should identify the video and than play a trailer for this film.

Hm, i thought that could be a difficult part using nebook because i also had never experiences with barcode scanners and how to get in contact with neobook.

But it is really easy! The Barcodescanner simply puts the resulting number code into the keyboard buffer and i can use a simple text entry box with the focus to get this barcode.

The rest is standard neobooking... look for the barcode number inside a database for the corresponding path of the trailer and play it!

I love neobook!
Greetings from Germany
Klaus
Cipolla

Postby Wrangler » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:02 am

Cool. Thanks, Cipolla. Do all barcode scanners copy the data to the keyboard buffer?
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Cipolla » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:21 am

Wrangler,

i don´t know if all copy the content to the keyboard buffer, there are of course some scanners that use the rs232 port and than you have to read out the data from the com port.

But if you plan to look for an scanner i can tell you that scanners with a keyboard wedge which are simply connected through the ps2 port, send their data over the keyboard buffer.

I use this scanner:
http://www.metrologic.com/corporate/products/oem/IS3480.htm
Greetings from Germany
Klaus
Cipolla

Return to Misc. Questions and Information