No
25%
Don´t know
8%

Total votes : 12

Neobook Contest!

Postby Cipolla » Fri May 13, 2005 5:48 am

Hello folks!

I have an idea. What do think about a Neobook contest?

Not a professional one with to complicated rules but rather something that should make fun and which could also be very helpfull for this neobook community.

The idea is to specify a challenge, maybe without the use of any plugins, define a time frame and some ancillary conditions and here we go.

Maybe a new forum part like "Neobook Contest" would be nice to share all the informations and results there.

To rate the applications we could use the poll function of the forum.

The ready made applications could (or should) be free for others to use and the source code should also be postet, so that people could see how different a business could be solved. So there is also a learning effect for all.

For the "price" i could think that the best application could become a part of the neobook examples shipped with the neobook package, or maybe we could find a big (plugin?)-dispenser who spends a price.

This is just talked at large, maybe there are some more ideas.

I would like to hear your position.
Greetings from Germany
Klaus
Cipolla

Postby Guest » Fri May 13, 2005 8:41 am

I would be glad to host a voting booth on my site.

Neal

Postby beno » Fri May 13, 2005 8:52 am

Hi,

Back in 1997 NeoSoft organized the "Spring 1997 International NeoBook Authoring Competition"

The rules were to create a publication with NB (I do not remember but I think those days plugins did not existed, anyway the idea was to use NB only) and other rule stated that all the code and materials should fit in a 3.5" floppy disk without compression (phew!, the ol' days were floppys existed!!... ).

It was a very nice contest, there were prices and as far as I remember it took a lot of work and time to NeoSoft to organize this...

No more memories...

Now, your idea sounds nice. It would be interesting to think in the rules for this new contest.

But, some months ago Robert Cohen organized a contest with pluing prices... I really do not remember how this ended, nor seen nothing on RCMedia site. Robert, can you tell us something about this?

Finally, I agree that this contest idea can be a nice way to promote NB and our creativity.

Saludos,

beno
beno

Re: Neobook Contest!

Postby christian » Fri May 13, 2005 10:03 am

WHY NOT.

But I think we should have simple rules like:

- Only one page
- no plug-ins

and a limitation of the filesize for the compiled EXE, started by the NBViewer.

:) Christian :)
christian

Postby gemlik » Fri May 13, 2005 12:10 pm

Firstly, let we see rewards... :lol:
gemlik

Postby rcohen » Sat May 14, 2005 11:17 pm

beno wrote:But, some months ago Robert Cohen organized a contest with pluing prices... I really do not remember how this ended, nor seen nothing on RCMedia site. Robert, can you tell us something about this?

Sure I can .... only two people entered and to my knowledge the winner didn't even claim their prize. I had posted the information about the winner on this forum, but I'd be hard pressed to find it again since the reset. Overall, it was fairly disappointing... BUT... perhaps this only means that NB users as a whole are too busy working to enter contests..... dunno.

rcohen
rcohen

Postby Wrangler » Sun May 15, 2005 11:59 am

I think you hit the nail on the head, Robert. I know it is why I didn't enter. This type of thing takes too much time away from ongoing projects. I don't know about anyone else, but I find it hard not to have a least a half dozen projects going in NB at a time. And it's all Dave's fault. He has created a monster that won't let us go, not to mention giving us brain mush. Thank you, Dave!
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby rcohen » Sun May 15, 2005 12:05 pm

Haha!! No $hi+!

I can HONESTLY say that I "AM ADDICTED" !!!

Thanks DAVE!

r
rcohen

Postby Wrangler » Sun May 15, 2005 12:13 pm

Along with the Warning Label created in another post, I think Dave should include a health insurance policy with nb distributions. It's the least he could do to offset the cost of dealing with the fact we get no sleep, don't eat right, and drink way too much, and don't forget the price of coffee nowadays. What you say, Dave? NeoBook Life and Disability Inc.?
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon May 16, 2005 11:25 am

Insurance is kind of like gambling - you're betting that you'll get sick, die, etc., and the insurance company is betting that you won't. I'm not sure I would want to take a "bet" that someone working on a computer wouldn't loose sleep, go blind, etc.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby datadon » Mon May 16, 2005 11:54 am

Should've known....once again Dave is too smart for us..... 8)
datadon

Return to General NeoBook Discussions