Source language: Translate to:

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2005 and TSUNAMI

Questions or information that don't quite fit anywhere else

Moderator: Neosoft Support

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2005 and TSUNAMI

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:13 pm

To All NeoBook users, and especially registered users of my plug-in libraries...

HAVE A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR and MAY 2005 BE A GOOD YEAR FOR EVERYONE.

=========
ON PLUG-INS
=========

2004 is a very busy year for me with work taking much of my personal time, leaving little focus on NeoBook-related stuffs. Nevertheless, most of the tasks have already been completed.. or about to.. so there are plans for NeoBook 5 related plugins.. including optimized releases of current plugins..

=========
ON TSUNAMI
=========
To some of you who have written to me, thanks for the concern about the recent Tsunami 'Killer Waves' attack. My family are safe.. as geographically, Singapore is protected by the Indonesia peninsula and Malaysia.  Nevertheless, the earthquake is so near to us, with some people experiencing slight tremors in some parts of the country...

In any case, we're all affected in one way or another by the number of deaths; as it's so nearby to us..

~~~~~~~~~~
APPEAL TO ALL
~~~~~~~~~~
Please help in any way you can.. donate preferably in KIND ($$) to any of your local fund-raising or Red Cross/Red Crescent organisations related to the TSUNAMI initiatives..   Over hundred thousands have died, with many more unaccounted for. For those who had survived, especially the poor residents in Sri Lanka, Thailand, India, Indonesia and other affected countries..  what they need now are medical aids and food/water is needed to control the outbreak of any possible cholera and other diseases. At the rate the dead are buried, it may take a while before reconstruction work begins.  So, your help in any way, to help them survive this crisis, will be greatly appreciated...  Andif you have already donated and done whatever you can, THANKS A LOT...

And while you're celebrating the New Year, would appreciate if you can spare a minute or 2 to pray for those who are dead... and may their souls rest in peace..

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:58 am

Hi Ronnie,

I'm very glad to hear that you and your family are safe.

The vastness of the loss of life and destruction caused by the Tsunami is difficult to comprehend. I know many people have made donations to help those who are suffering, but more will be needed. Perhaps those of us who are safe and dry can cut back on our New Year's celebrations, and instead pledge the money we would have spent to help those in need.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:20 pm

I am glad to hear good news about Ronnie.

In our New Year lunch my friends and I have collected 400 € for the victims. Italian mobile phone users had collected 11 millions euro.

It is a little thing, but I think it means all people want peace and love each to other.

I beg your pardon for my terrific English

Licia

you got it

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:25 am

Licia Priami wrote:I beg your pardon for my terrific English

Licia

Licia,

Your English is terrific as is your heart for other people. I too have given a bit of cash and will do so again as more specific projects arise where I can point it to.

This tragedy is awakening in people a sense that we ought to help one another. So even a sad situation can have some good within it.

David P.

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:07 pm

:(
Very sad end of year...
This tragedy remind us that we belong to a lone family, wherever we are living... We belong to the family of humanity.
I am 42, but I cryed in front of my TV set....
I have lost my dad this summer, and now this tragedy...

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:39 pm

Delco,

Sorry to hear about your dad.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:19 pm

Thank you.
He was a really good man. I do miss him.
So much things to tell him....

Return to Misc. Questions and Information