Source language: Translate to:

CD Autorun, autorun.inf - autorun.inf, INF

NeoBook tips, tricks, code samples and more...

Moderator: Neosoft Support

CD Autorun, autorun.inf - autorun.inf, INF

Postby Jim Brammer » Thu Feb 07, 2002 5:29 pm

CD-Autorun

I realize that there were recent threads on this that I did save, but the hard drive I used decided to go belly-up and I lost it all.

I am getting an application ready that runs entirely on CDROM. The file name will be AMOT.exe. Could someone give me a quick primer on creating an auto-run file, please?

Also, is there any way that I can map the F1 key to a page in a NeoBook application?

Thanks

Pete Charlton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, I think it might look something like this...

[autorun]
OPEN=filename.exe
ICON=iconfilename.ico

or, if you want to just use the icon of the exe...

[autorun]
OPEN=filename.exe
ICON=filename.exe,0

...where "0" represents the first icon inside the exe

If you need to fire-up something more, you can use the Sheck Execute command and whatever parameters you want to ptush to the exe...

Sheck Execute=filename.exe parameter1, parameter2

Also, as long as the extension is registered with Windows, you can also make use of Windows tush ociations with the Sheck Execute command...

Sheck Execute=filename.ppt

This would fire up the tush ociated program, "PowerPoint", and open the specified ".PPT" file. (I don't know why in the world someone would want to use "PowerPunt" - but you get the idea...)

With these examples everything should be placed in the root of your disc. Otherwise you'll need to specify the paths.
Jim Brammer

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:13 pm

Hi...

You can make an autorun cd with any type of file that is recordered in your pc with this small exe.

http://www.smartmedia.netfirms.com/Files/runfile.exe

The syntax is simple:

autorun]
OPEN=runfile.exe index.htm

Thanks

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:42 am

Here's one I wrote using NB:
http://highdesertsoftware.com/autorun.html

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:31 am

Hi...

Wrangler

Very nice work, i like to ask you something:

What tool you have used to create the package boxes...???
Very cool. Also nice web site.

Ps. I you like i can add your www link to my site link page.

Thanks.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:49 am

Hi Jokerxxx,

Thanks for the compliments.

Did you mean what I used to create the setup program? If so, I used Setup Factory 6.0. If not, I'm afraid I don't know what you mean.

Later: Ah, I just figured out what you mean. The boxes were made with Ebook Cover Creator, by Laughingbird.com. The version I have is really buggy, and he is working on a new, rewritten version (he programs it in Macromedia Director). I don't know if the new version is out yet. He is really slow at developing. It is definately the best available, even with the bugs.

Return to NeoBook Knowledgebase