Source language: Translate to:

Animated GIFs - Rotate image

General questions about using NeoPaint

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Animated GIFs - Rotate image

Postby SamTeague » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:45 pm

Am experimenting with Animated GIFs.  Would seem a natural to use the copy from present frame feature then use, for example, Picture/Rotate to modify this new image.  BUT Picture/Rotate "distorts" by moving image. Then nearly impossible to recenter the image.  Am I missing something, or is there something simple that I am not doing?  The ability to copy from a previous frame  seems nearly useless unless you can (easily) modify each ensuing image to mimic motion.
SamTeague

Animated GIFs

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:35 pm

Since the frames used for GIF images are rectangular, rotating them in increments other than 90 degrees will increase the size of the frame. Otherwise, the corners of the image would be cut off. If you want to rotate the image without changing the dimensions of the frame, use the scissors tool to cut out the portion of the image to be rotated. Copy the cutout to the clipboard. Then paste the cutout onto a blank frame and rotate the cutout.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Animated GIFs

Postby SamTeague » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:35 pm

Must still be missing something. Tried your approach, but image still does not stay where it is supposed to.  I am using the rectangular cut out, but just encompassing the object.  Paste still seems to move image a bit.  
SamTeague

Animated GIFs

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:37 am

The image's rotation axis is the lower left corner of the cutout, so there's no way to avoid shifting the image off center other than to manually move the cutout after the rotation is complete. Perhaps this is something that can be changed in the future, but for now I don't think there's any way to avoid this.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Animated GIFs

Postby SamTeague » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:52 pm

Okay, at least I know I am not missing the obvious:->
Thanks for the follow through. Neopaint is STILL the best paint program for the buck!
SamTeague

Return to General NeoPaint Discussion