Source language: Translate to:

I'm here

Questions or information that don't quite fit anywhere else

Moderator: Neosoft Support

I'm here

Postby Odd » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:09 am

For the time being, I'm visiting relatives in Chesapeake, Virginia. It's nice to be able to read messages when they are actually written, and not 12 hours later, as I'm used to.

I've published my game in Norway. I've translated it into English, but the help file remains before I release Spell-IT "worldwide".

Keep up the good work while I enjoy the climate here...
Odd

I'm here

Postby Sam Cox » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:05 pm

Hello Odd,

Welcome to the States. How is your visit going so far, and how long will you "be in town?" I'm looking forward to seeing Spell-IT. Have you posted a downloadable demo somewhere.

-- Sam
Sam Cox

I'm here

Postby Odd » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:26 am

Thank you, Sam, I'm enjoying relaxed days by the pool and yesterday on Virginia Beach. It's too far to visit Oregon this time, the state likely to be most similar to Norway's nature and climate. I will be staying for another week and a half, so nothing will be done with my game until I'm back in the old country. Today I'm going to celebrate your holiday!

Spell-IT is only downloadable in the Norwegian version FINN ORDET at http://www.e-forlaget.no/instfo10.exe, an Inno setup file. When I've translated the help file, I will post a link here for the English version.
Odd

I'm here

Postby Sam Cox » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:48 am

Have you read Douglas Adam's "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" trilogy?

"Slartibartfast is a Magratheann, and a designer of planets, most notably the fjords found on the coast of Norway on planet Earth. Slartibartfast won an award for his coastal design. When Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect were on ancient Earth, they saw this award (and Slartibartfast's signature) deep inside a glacier in ancient Norway." (cite)

After reading Adam's description of the fjords, I've always want to visit Norway. I have visited my sister living in Bend, Oregon (not near the coast), and I'm sure that Oregon's beautiful coast doesn't hold a candle to Norway's fjords.

(Edited by Sam Cox at 7:35 am on July 4, 2004)
Sam Cox

I'm here

Postby Odd » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:28 am

Of course, I forgot about the fjords. I live on the countryside and don't see the fjords so much. I thought of Oregon's mountains and valleys.

Sorry, I haven't read Adam's triology.

If you ever visit Norway, feel free to contact me...

Now, back to the pool.
Odd

I'm here

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:30 am

"42"
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

I'm here

Postby BillB » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:07 pm

I should have guessed you guys would really know where your towel is.

Douglas Adams = genius!
BillB

Return to Misc. Questions and Information