Source language: Translate to:

Power point - auCbjTT

Questions or information that don't quite fit anywhere else

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Power point - auCbjTT

Postby Leos » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:49 am

Hi

I need to run a 'powerpoint.pps' from 'my pub'.
When i try it ,

run 'powerpoint.pps' ...

it call PowerPoint, and it open my file, not autorun. (i must push F5)

I try with 'sendkeys', but i have the same result.

I Know, i can turn powerpoint.pps in powerpoint.exe, but isn't what i need.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks.
Leos

Power point

Postby Leos » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:01 am

hooops!!!

Sorry, isn't at the topic, but is a bug, or my fault?

What you see in the Topic Description "auCbjTT" is my neosoft member password, and i left the field at blank... (i'm about 99% sure...)
Is a litle bug with Ikonboard 2.1.9 Beta, or "unsual" problems with me?
Leos

Power point

Postby Ronnie » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:43 am

I started developing a simple PowerPoint plugin sometime back in early December '03. It basically allows you to display the PPT slide and control them from your NeoBook project.

So far, these are some of the functions working:

1) Display PPT slides (require system installed with PowerPoint or PowerPoint standalone viewer) in slideshow mode (you don't get to see the menu icons, etc)

2) Adjust the position and coordinate (PPT window size)

3) Monitor mode (not tested, but in theory, if you have a dual monitor, you can say, display the PPT slide in thge secondary monitor for audience to see, while the primary monitor is your NeoBook project, to control the presentation.

4) Page control (first,back, last, next)

5) Mouse control (enable mouse clickable inside the PPT slide; or disable mouse control).

6) Blank on/off screen

Limitations
--------------
The PPT slide cannot be embedded/binded into a plugin window. This is not the constraint of NeoBook or the plugin but the way PPT slides are displayed differently from Excel spreadsheet or Access db files where they can be 'binded' easily.

One method which many presentation software (that supports PPT) is to set the program to full screen mode; and then specified the coordinates where the PPT slide overlays.

The plugin is still at early alpha stage although the basic functions are working..  but I stopped short becos of other priorities. It's more for toying around ideas for some personal projects (presentation control program).. but if there are request for it.. I may consider releasing it later...

Of course.. the only thing now is to make the functions available as a plug-in... where you can execute them from your NeoBook project...
Ronnie

Power point

Postby NeoSoft Support » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:28 am

Ronnie's plug-in sounds great. Until it's ready, you might check the documentation for PowerPoint and see if there is a command line option to automatically play the presentation. If there is, you can simply add the option to the Run action's second parameter. For example:

Run "powerpoint.pps" "option" "Normal"
NeoSoft Support

Power point

Postby domino27 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:50 pm

domino27

Power point

Postby Ronnie » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:26 pm

Go to MS site and download the PPTViewer or a standalone PPT viewer from MS site that allows you to run the slideshow automatically.

The current PPT viewer requires installation whereas the older one (for PPT 4) does not. I remember putting the whole PPTView.exe together with my .ppt slideshow; and with an autorun.inf.. and the slideshow executes automatically, even on system w/o PowerPoint.. or installation at all.   The latest PPT viewer requires prior installation.

Here's an extract of the command line switches for PowerPoint Viewer 2003 are:

/L -- Read a playlist of files contained within a text file.

Example: \pptview.exe /L "Playlist.txt"

/S -- Start without splash screen.

/P -- Print the presentation.

Example: \pptview.exe /P "Presentation.ppt"

/D -- Prompt the Open dialog box to appear when slide show ends.

/N# -- Open presentation at a specified slide number "#".

Example: /pptview.exe /n5 "presentation.ppt" would open at slide 5.

The playlist file itself is simply a list of presentation filenames (preceded by path as needed) and does not support any addition command line switches to be applied to individual presentations within the playlist.
Ronnie

Power point

Postby Leos » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:05 am

Thanks to all, for your help.

One solution is turn the presentation to an .exe file.
Here is a link to do this (it work).

http://www.indezine.com/products/powerp ... t2exe.html

Now i'm learning office docs to try to solve my problem.

Ronnie's Plugin sounds great. I'm waiting to test it.

Best regards for all.
Leos

Power point

Postby Leos » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:17 pm

solution:

Run "PowerPnt.exe" "/s  [#34][pubdir]file.pps[#34]" "Normal+RunOnce"

/s tell to PowerPoint to run the file.
Leos

Return to Misc. Questions and Information