Source language: Translate to:

Real-DRAW export to Neobook script - for experienced Real-DR

Questions or information that don't quite fit anywhere else

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Real-DRAW export to Neobook script - for experienced Real-DR

Postby Chrissy » Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:54 pm

I've made a script for the multimedia export feature in Mediachance's Real-DRAW, so you can easily make templates with working buttons for Neobook pubs from your .rdw files.

You can find the script at rcohen's Neobook Resource Archive under GUIs.

This is not meant to start a Mediachance VS Neobook war.... I just thought that some NB users that also use Real-DRAW would find this useful.

Let me know if there are any problems with it.

Chrissy
Chrissy

Real-DRAW export to Neobook script

Postby DELCO » Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:39 am

Hi Chrissy,

Good work !
But it seems there is a little problem. I have done a simple 3 states button, ( normal frame, over frame, down frame ), I export it with your script, and it seems that 'over frame' and 'down frame' are inverted.
DELCO

Postby Chrissy » Mon Dec 23, 2002 7:32 am

Thanks Delco...all fixed now. Just had those two tags switched around for some reason. Sorry about that. I've posted the fixed script - <a href="http://www.software-zone.com/~neosoft/index.php?act=ST&f=15&t=57&s=98dc29563afff153b8ee92c66fa824e5">here</a> - .

Thanks again, Delco.

Chrissy

(rcohen, when you get a chance, could you delete the old topic & attachment?)
Chrissy

Postby DELCO » Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:43 am

It Works now !
Thank you for your good work !
DELCO

Postby Chrissy » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:04 am

Great...glad you can use it!

:cheesy:Happy Holidays!!!:cheesy:

Chrissy

(Edited by Chrissy at 1:09 pm on Dec. 23, 2002)
Chrissy

Postby SteveBritton » Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:29 pm

Hi Chrissy,

What do you think of RealDraw? I have been using Xara X for the past two years and like it, but I have heard from other Xara users that RealDraw is faster and better for churning out still like 3D buttons and illustration graphics. I'll probably download it when I get some free time, but I was curious to know what you think of RealDraw.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to All!

- Steve
SteveBritton

Postby Chrissy » Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:41 am

Hi Steve,

From what I've seen of RealDraw, I love! I've had it for a while & until recently, have just used it for some basic things that I didn't want to break out the Photoshop monster for.

When I was making cards for the holidays this year, I thought it'd be fun to mess with RealDraw a bit & see what I could come up with. The results were gorgeous & I had a lot of fun messing with all of the different functions. It didn't take long to notice that I could pull of some amazing effects that you have to have plugins or jump through quite a few hoops for in Photoshop. For the pure fact that I'm so used to those very hoops, it's actually kinda hard to revert to something like RealDraw. Sounds stupid, but it's true. A whole different learning curve here, I guess. However, I fully agree with what you've heard... RealDraw really IS fast & terrific for 3D-like buttons & illustration.

As a Photoshop crony, RealDraw's ease, speed, & .psd import/export functionality are altogether a HUGE plus. As a Neobook crony, I'm thrilled with the multimedia export functionality & am sure that you could appreciate these functions, too. Makes for some gorgeous UIs.

As far as a comparison to Xara X, I couldn't say, as I don't use Xara. The other Xara users that you've talked to seem to have it nailed though. Try it out & see.

I'm far from knowing everything that can be done with the program, but it's not going to rot on my HD anymore. My habits are changing & I find myself using it more & more often. All in all, I definately think it's well worth the $55 pricetag.

Chrissy

(Sorry for the late reply. Our family has 2 birthdays between Christmas & this weekend, so I've been just a little preoccupied. ;) One bday down, one to go!)
Chrissy

Postby Mediadude » Fri Jan 10, 2003 8:32 am

Chrissy, you are incredible.  I use real draw (just updated to v 3) you can't beat it for button creation and texture creation.  Thank you for putting this script together, it worked great.  
Mediadude

Postby Dan Silverman » Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:21 am

I just recently discovered Real-DRAW and I am very impressed with it. Even so, there are some drawbacks that are keeping me from using it on a daily basis.

I do computer graphics for a living and Photoshop has become my best friend :) . Some of my work is doing book covers (front, back and spine). In Photoshop I can create a new page to exactly the size in inches, cm, or mm and to the DPI that I need for the printer. In Real-DRAW I have not found a way to do this at all :( ! I can create a new page at a specific pixel size, but not by inch, mm, or cm. Also, I cannot seem to be able to set the DPI until I go to print. When creating a book cover, I don't print them! I send the final document off to the publishing house and they pass it off to the printer. This really limits the use of Real-DRAW for me and, this is sad, because Real-DRAW could replace Photoshop for me if it just had a few more things.

In any case, it seems like a great tool to use along side a program like Photoshop.

BTW - I have emailed the author about these things and have never received a reply :( .
Dan Silverman

Return to Misc. Questions and Information