Source language: Translate to:

Offer to host your site for 3 years at no cost ! - for US &

Questions or information that don't quite fit anywhere else

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Offer to host your site for 3 years at no cost ! - for US &

Postby Gaev » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:20 pm

Attention Forum Administrator - please remove if this is not an appropriate post for this forum

Was doing my usual surfing at www.hotscripts.com when I came across this offer (for residents of US & Canada only) to host their site at this web host free for 3 years ; thought others in the NeoCommunity might be interested ; according to their pitch ...

No Banner Ads
No Pop Ups
No Sales Calls
No Spam
Strict Privacy
No committment required ; may cancel your account anytime ; except for domain name registrations ($5.99/year) or additional services, credit card not asked
500MB storage
5GB traffic per month, $1/GB there after
50 POP3 e-mail accounts, offering 50MB each, 500 e-mail forwarding accounts, Virus Scanning, and auto-responders
FTP, PHP, Perl, MySQL, CGI, SSH, and Cron Jobs

Company is headquartered in Berwyn, Pennsylvania ; other offices in the UK, near London ; 4500+ employees ; 19,000 servers ; 12,000 MBit external Carrier Class Connectivity ; 2.4 million paying customers ; 3.5 million Domains hosted ; $451 Million expected revenue for 2003.

The offer expires January 14, 2004 ; full details at ... http://www.oneandone.com/

I have no association with the company (just heard of them today) ; thinking of taking them up on their offer ; if anyone has any knowledge/comments on the offer, please post here.
Gaev

Offer to host your site for 3 years at no cost !

Postby mh » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:06 pm

Any new information about the offer?

Is it legit.

MH
mh

Postby Gaev » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:33 am

MH:

Since my original post ...

a) found out that they are ..
- a German outfit
- largest Web Host in Europe ; follow the NetCraft link on their site for actual statistics
- now setting their sites (... oops I meant sights ... no pun intended) on North America ; hence the offer limited to US & Canada

b) saw a two-page ad of theirs in PC Magazine (and these don't come cheap !)

... am definitely going to reserve my space before the offer expires.

Any of this forum's German/European members have any comments/experiences ?

(Edited by gk51 at 6:35 pm on Dec. 8, 2003)
Gaev

Postby mh » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:26 pm

gk51,

thanks for the info.

MH
mh

Postby jrwebb » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:28 pm

mh:

Yep, its legit. I have signed up am getting ready to put up a utility site there. Its a GREAT deal.

Time is running out on the offer though ... might want to grab one while you can. Real simple set up. They also offer a good deal on domain registration stuff. I already owned the domain names I needed, but they seem to be able to handle about anything.

Joe
jrwebb

Postby ajledoux » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:05 pm

I signed up and found out the server my site will be hosted on is in the State of Pennsylvania, a connecting state to my home state of Delaware. I should be finished constructing my web site this week.
ajledoux

Return to Misc. Questions and Information