Source language: Translate to:

Enable the keyboard

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Enable the keyboard

Postby mikeyww » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:15 am

As developers, let's stop wasting time with the pointing device! Use of NeoBook would be improved by enabling better keyboard control of the application. Examples are below, along with other examples of enhancements.

1. When pressing F6 to get to actions, show the tab that was last seen. Assign each tab, such as "Startup" and "Shutdown", to a keyboard shortcut

2. In windows like "Text Properties" and "Text Entry Properties", assign the "OK" key to ALT-O or a Windows keyboard function key.

3. Assign all sections of Book Properties, such as "Main Menu" and "Window", to keyboard shortcuts.

4. Assign all tools, such as "Text Entry" and "List Box", to keyboard shortcuts.

5. Allow the user to use a shortcut key, such as ALT-1 or ALT-2, to jump directly to a page of the PUB.
mikeyww

Re: Enable the keyboard

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:17 am

Those are good suggestions. I have printed your post and will add it to the list of things to consider for future updates.

Although, I don't think it would be desirable to eliminate pointing devices altogether no matter how much wasted time they cause. :wink:
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby mikeyww » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:18 am

Thanks. I agree. Perhaps we could give users the option of using the mouse or keyboard. 8)
mikeyww

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:41 am

[url]Perhaps we could give users the option of using the mouse or keyboard.[/url]

Yes, that would be optimal.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBook Suggestions