Source language: Translate to:

Binary file manipulantion

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Binary file manipulantion

Postby JoeE. » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:13 am

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to NeoBook and noticed, there ist no way of binary file manipulation. Wouldn't it be nice to have this feature? Like an extended version of the fileread- or filewrite actions? Think of digital imaging like correcting RGB values or modifying sound files...

Also some hires printing features would be nice, to create real books, photo albums...

What do you think? Sorry for my English...
Joerg
JoeE.

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:36 am

I'm very new to NeoBook and noticed, there ist no way of binary file manipulation. Wouldn't it be nice to have this feature? Like an extended version of the fileread- or filewrite actions? Think of digital imaging like correcting RGB values or modifying sound files...

This is something we're looking into for the future. However, working with binary data is very different from working with text and numbers so we'll need to make some changes to NeoBook's in order for it to work. In the mean time, you might be able to use a plug-in called NeoBinary:

http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modules/plugins/singlefile.php?cid=8&lid=116

Also some hires printing features would be nice, to create real books, photo albums...

The PrintPage and PrintImage actions are capable of printing in high resolution provided that the source is of sufficient resolution. What do you want printed in high resolution?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby JoeE. » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:49 pm

Dear Neosoft Support Team,

thanks very much for your reply. I'm looking forward to the binary feature :D

I agree, the print quality in final mode is very good, only the text entry fields don't seem to print in high resolution. I'm sure, there is a solution or a workaround for this.

I didn't find a possibility to set the size of the printed page exactly. I think PrintPage in final mode always prints in full width or height. Am I correct?

Thank you again!! Great support!
Joerg
JoeE.

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:31 am

I agree, the print quality in final mode is very good, only the text entry fields don't seem to print in high resolution.

You could try setting up a separate page for printing and place the variables from the Text Entry Fields into Simple Text objects. This should improve the output.

I didn't find a possibility to set the size of the printed page exactly. I think PrintPage in final mode always prints in full width or height. Am I correct?

That's true, PrintPage currently scales the output to match the paper size.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby JoeE. » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:12 am

...copying to a Simple Text object works fine and prints very good :D

Thank you again!!
Joerg
JoeE.

Return to NeoBook Suggestions