Source language: Translate to:

Read action code from text file

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Read action code from text file

Postby Tony Kroos » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:04 pm

I am not very familiar with neobook yet, so maybe it's already implemented :) So, it would be nice if we could read (load) neobook action's code from an external text file and execute it automatically, just like a normal action code (or subroutine). Maybe we could load it to some specified object (but loading to subroutine will be more universal method). This will give some advantages, for example in case we need to develop any small updates (fixes) for publication and so on...
Tony Kroos

Postby HPW » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:15 pm

The call function does that job.
When you call it with a function which does not exist in the function folder, then it looks for a external file.

Use the forum search with 'call and external'.

One of the founded posts:

http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewto ... l+external

Or you might have a look at hpwPlayAction which even executes a action-string stored in a variable.
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby Tony Kroos » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:39 pm

HPW wrote:a function which does not exist in the function folder, then it looks for a external file

hmm... thanks for pointing me!
HPW wrote:hpwPlayAction which even executes a action-string stored in a variable.

HMMM? :shock: then it is what I may need, thanks again. Maybe this topic should be moved to "General discussion", there is nothing to suggest anymore )...
Tony Kroos

Return to NeoBook Suggestions