List of new expected features

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Postby UltraVox » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:42 pm

Hello,

Liste de nouvelles fonctionnalités attendues :

- Tabs (Thanks Neo Support for accepting)

- Group Box

- Arrow Up and Down (Spin ?)

- Scroll Bar (horizontal and vertical)

- Month Calendar

- Track Bar

- Image reading of TGA and DDS formats

- Multi Color Table

- Tree Menu

Thanks...
UltraVox

Re: List of new expected features

Postby dpayer » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:31 am

UltraVox wrote:Hello,

Liste de nouvelles fonctionnalités attendues :

Thanks...

These are very desireable.

I think you will find that Hans-Peter has generously offered a solution to many of these requests but it will come in an (officially) unsupported manner, although he has been very receptive to comments for improvement.

I have often wondered if another programmer could partner with Hans-Peter to offer official support of his modules for a fee. I think people would embrace them even faster.

There appear to be two sorts of developers for NB add ons: 1) the very dedicated programmer who has another real job and has to focus there. They create very good modules but their time is not focused on NB. 2) New developers seeking to enhance their programming skills who make something useful, put it up for sale and when only a small response comes from the market, they put there attention elsewhere and the module is abandoned.

I suspect there are many plugins out there that are not being developed, for lack of a broad market. If the developer made documentation on them and then partnered with someone to maintain/sell them with a profit sharing concept, maybe some of these could be made available.

Since I am dreaming :idea: it would be nice if Dave@Neosoft had time for such things or could engage an up and coming developer to do this. Between the partially developed, developed but abandoned, fully developed but not translated into English, etc., there are MANY useful tools out there that may generate revenue.

Well, I just come up with the ideas... I am *not* the person to do this, as I too am one of those guys with my attention being placed elsewhere.

David P
dpayer

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:54 am

Ultravox,

Thanks for the detailed suggestions with pictures. I'm not sure we can add all of these things right away, but we'll definitely give them serious consideration.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Horst Helfen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:19 am

Hello,

I have been working with NeoBook since version 3.
The only thing I really miss ist the feature to use your own editor in NeoBook development. The built in one is rather poor conderning highlighting, testing without leaving the editor after each change of the source code, syntax checking.

Nevertheless I didn't find any product beating NeoBook in the combination of flexibility, power, pricing and last but not least support in this wonderful forum.
Horst Helfen

Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.
Horst Helfen

Postby TMcD » Tue May 27, 2008 1:45 pm

I totally want those items listed above. And willingly would pay for the upgrade.

I've been with NeoBook since... wow.. a long time. :)

Troy
TMcD

Postby UltraVox » Fri May 30, 2008 2:43 am

Hello,

This text (my answer) is translated from french into English by Google Translation. Excuse me if the translation is incorrect.

NeoBook is an excellent program that allows to accomplish many things. I work above since version 4 (purchased in original box), but I am not an expert. I continue to learn new things every day ...

I would greatly appreciate that this software allows easy editing software interfaces. These elements listed above fail to NeoBook. I am convinced that NeoBook could be significantly improved if these features were finally proposed by default.

I hope and expect many NeoBook because it is very easy to use and allows concrete projects seriously, without programming knowledge.

I would like to be able to achieve all my software with NeoBook and functionality that I ask are very useful to generate professional programs.

Thank you all.

=============

Bonjour,

Ce texte (ma réponse) est traduit du français vers l'anglais par Google Translation. Excusez-moi si la traduction est incorrect.

NeoBook est un excellent logiciel qui permet de réaliser de nombreuses choses. Je travail dessus depuis la version 4 (achetée en boite originale), mais je ne suis pas un expert. Je continue d'apprendre de nouvelles choses tous les jours...

J'apprécierais beaucoup que ce software permette l'édition facile d'interfaces logicielles. Ces éléments énumérés ci-dessus manquent à NeoBook. Je suis persuadé que NeoBook pourrait être considérablement amélioré si ces fonctionnalités étaient enfin proposées par défaut.

J'espère et j'attends beaucoup de NeoBook, car il est très facile à utiliser et permet de concrétiser des projets sérieux, sans connaissances particulières en programmation.

J'aimerais être en mesure de réaliser tous mes logiciels avec NeoBook et les fonctionnalités que je demande sont très utiles pour générer des interfaces professionnelles.

Merci à tous.
UltraVox

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri May 30, 2008 10:33 am

Thank you very much for your input. All of the items listed here are on the list of things to be included in the next major update.
Last edited by Neosoft Support on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby TMcD » Fri May 30, 2008 12:25 pm

I have but one response to NeoSoftware:

YES!

Oh and another:

THANKS!

Troy :D
TMcD

Postby smartmedia » Fri May 30, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi...

Thank God the update will be in this year...
smartmedia

Postby UltraVox » Fri May 30, 2008 11:45 pm

NeoSoft:

Thank you !
I am very pleased with this initiative.

With these new features, NeoBook is heading slowly towards professional software interfaces. And with his language accessible to all, NeoBook offers opportunities and possibilities that no other software does currently.

I am delighted this development !

Thanks.

======================

NeoSoft :

Merci à vous !
Je suis vraiment très heureux de cette initiative.

Grâce à ces nouvelles fonctionnalités, NeoBook se dirige doucement vers la réalisation d'interfaces professionnelles de software. Et avec son langage accessible à tous, NeoBook offre des perspectives et des possibilités qu'aucun autre logiciel ne propose actuellement.

Je suis enchanté de cette évolution !

Merci.
UltraVox

Postby eddy current » Sat May 31, 2008 7:28 am

Wonderful news -- these features are greatly needed and much appreciated!

Perhaps I'm in the minority of being a Vista/Office 2007 user, but I would also like NeoSoft (Dave) to consider some of the new UI enhancements (i.e., Fluent UI and transparency).

Also, a new management tool for plugins would be beneficial.

Thanks for listening,
Glen
eddy current

Postby TMcD » Sat May 31, 2008 1:40 pm

gcoulthard wrote:Wonderful news -- these features are greatly needed and much appreciated!

Perhaps I'm in the minority of being a Vista/Office 2007 user, but I would also like NeoSoft (Dave) to consider some of the new UI enhancements (i.e., Fluent UI and transparency).

Also, a new management tool for plugins would be beneficial.

Thanks for listening,
Glen

Glen,

I don't know if you mentioned it...

But could you be more specific for Dave/NeoBook as to what "a new management tool for plugins" would be?

Troy
TMcD

Postby UltraVox » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:58 am

Hello :)

I'm still waiting for an update of NeoBook containing the items I requested in May 2008 (see earlier in this post).

These are they still expected in the next update ?

Thanks for you answer...

UltraVox
UltraVox

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:12 am

I'm sorry, that we haven't been able to accomplish everything we would like. A NeoBook update is definitely in the works, but because software development is complex and the future difficult to predict, our policy has always been not to make predictions about future product releases until they are almost finished*. If you need these features immediately, then you will have to look elsewhere. If you can wait, we'll try to add them to the next incarnation of NeoBook.

*We're almost finished with our file management/FTP plug-in and plan to start beta testing before the end of February.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby UltraVox » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:47 am

Neosoft,

Thank you for your reply.

I am available for translation En -> Fr possible.
Contact me without hesitation.

Sincerely,
UltraVox
UltraVox

Next

Return to NeoBook Suggestions