Source language: Translate to:

[Request] New global variable [workdirectory]

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

[Request] New global variable [workdirectory]

Postby sombra » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:15 am

Hi,
I'm launching an application with only one instance allowed. I get the variable [currentdir] and I work with it, by the moment all correct. In first instance the variable [currentdir] is equal to the work directory.
Well, the problem is when the application is running and I call to the application from a different directory, then the variable [currentdir] is NOT updated to the new directory. I have the special subroutine "CommandLine_OnChange" where I try to detect the new parameters in the command line. I can parse it, and get the new parameters, but it is not possible to detect the directory where the application has been called. (Only is possible in the first run of application)

IMHO, A new variable like [workdir] could solve these issues and would be well come.
I can read English, but... I write like Tarzan. (sorry)
sombra

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:25 pm

...Well, the problem is when the application is running and I call to the application from a different directory, then the variable [currentdir] is NOT updated to the new directory.

Unfortunately, I don't think that there is anything we can do about this. Whenever you check the contents of the [currentdir] variable, NeoBook obtains this information directly from Windows. Other than that there is no way for NeoBook to know what the "current" or "working" directory is. This information is not supplied by Windows to the program being launched.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBook Suggestions