Source language: Translate to:

File management and UI features

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

File management and UI features

Postby eddy current » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:21 am

Great product and I am a satisfied user. However, there are a couple of areas that give me grief...

1. I would like many of the features/functionality of the rtFileSystemMgt plug-in to be incorporated into NeoBook itself. While I have not purchased this plug-in "yet," some of the commands seem quite obvious and I'm surprised that they're not already in NeoBook. I don't want to take business away from a 3rd-party developer. However, the plug-in hasn't been updated in awhile (from the info on their website), and I'd feel more secure if these types of functions were built-in.

2. I develop and distribute my software on Vista and XP, yet the message boxes and other graphical elements/icons appear very 98-ish. Will we have support for XP/Vista manifests and graphical features soon?

Thanks for your hard work,
Glen
eddy current

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:45 pm

Thanks for using NeoBook.

2. I develop and distribute my software on Vista and XP, yet the message boxes and other graphical elements/icons appear very 98-ish. Will we have support for XP/Vista manifests and graphical features soon?

I'm not sure I understand. NeoBook's windows will automatically assume the appearance of whatever version of Windows you're using. If you're using XP/Vista then your pub should look as though it's running in a standard XP/Vista window. Additionally, Push buttons, Check Boxes and Radio Buttons all include an optional "Use XP Themes" option that can be enabled to allow those elements to appear in XP/Vista style.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBook Suggestions