Source language: Translate to:

New suggestions

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

New suggestions

Postby Peri » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:38 am

Hi Dave

I leave some few suggestions of improvements again for if you consider them for the next version of Neobook. I apologize for my English poor person:

1. if we have several buttons and we want the user to see which the button is for defect, we cannot put it so that it accepts the entrance of the key Intro; or movement arrows so that the button is stood out by defect. There is a plugin that is good for the messages, what I expose it is that besides that Neobook can carry out the same thing that one can make with buttons placed in pages.

2. to operate with hours the same thing that with dates, he would also come well to pass them to numbers.

3. to be able to change the icon of NBPlayer from Neobook, in case he doesn't want to enter inside the publication exe, so that the whole project of the publication is in agreement with the group.

4. bigger functionality to the actions RegistryRead/RegistryWrite so that they can read and to write values REG_BINARY, REG_DWORD, REG_SZ, ...., since for the time being he can only write values REG_SZ (alphanumeric), and making reading errors in some of the other ones.

5. for the work with list, he would come us very well an action to read a file and to place it in a list, everything once and for all, without necessity of appealing Loop. The code of the written script would be smaller. Also another action to make the inverse thing, that is to say, to copy all the elements of a list once and for all in a file, without appealing to 2 actions to make the same thing.
In my opinion also lack another action to erase a list once and for all, without using loop. I think that while less code writes, and be easier for the programmer, better.

Peri
=======================================================
Hola Dave

Vuelvo a dejar unas pocas sugerencias de mejoras por si las consideras para la próxima versión de Neobook. Pido disculpas por mi pobre inglés:

1. Si tenemos varios botones y queremos que el usuario vea cuál es el botón por defecto, no podemos ponerlo para que acepte la entrada de la tecla Intro; o flechas de movimiento para que quede resaltado el botón por defecto. Hay un plugin que sirve para los mensajes, lo que expongo es que, además de que Neobook pueda realizar lo mismo, que se pueda hacer con botones colocados en páginas.

2. Para operar con horas lo mismo que con fechas, también vendría bien pasarlas a números.

3. Poder cambiar el icono de NBPlayer desde Neobook, en el caso de que no se quiera meter dentro de la publicación exe, para que todo el proyecto de la publicación esté acorde con el conjunto.

4. Mayor funcionalidad a las acciones RegistryRead/RegistryWrite para que puedan leer y escribir valores REG_BINARY, REG_DWORD, REG_SZ, etc., puesto que por ahora sólo puede escribir valores REG_SZ (alfanuméricos), y cometiendo errores de lectura en algunos de los demás.

5. Para el trabajo con listas, nos vendría muy bien una acción para leer un fichero y colocarlo en una lista, todo de una vez, sin necesidad de recurrir a Loop. El código del script escrito sería menor. También otra acción para hacer lo inverso, es decir, copiar todos los elementos de una lista en un fichero de una vez, sin recurrir a 2 acciones para hacer lo mismo.
A mi juicio también falta otra acción para borrar una lista de una vez, sin utilizar loop. Pienso que mientras menos código escribamos, y sea más fácil para el programador, mejor.

Peri
Peri

Postby Gaev » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:07 am

Peri:
5. for the work with list, he would come us very well an action to read a file and to place it in a list, everything once and for all, without necessity of appealing Loop. The code of the written script would be smaller.
See my example at http://www.scriptedlogic.com/neoHOW3.htm

Also another action to make the inverse thing, that is to say, to copy all the elements of a list once and for all in a file, without appealing to 2 actions to make the same thing.
See my example at http://www.scriptedlogic.com/neoHOW4.htm

In my opinion also lack another action to erase a list once and for all, without using loop.
If the list contents property is defined as a [variable], all you need to do is ...
Code: Select all
SetVar "[ListBox1Items]" ""

2. to operate with hours the same thing that with dates, he would also come well to pass them to numbers.
You can create your own Functions ... store them in your Functions folder ... and then deploy them with just one line of code like ...
Call "TimeToNum" "16:04:32" ":" "[SecondsSinceMidnight]"
Call "NumToTime" "[SecondsSinceMidnight]" ":" "[myTimeText]"
If there is sufficient interest in such functions, I can add them to the NeoHOW section of my website.

I think that while less code writes, and be easier for the programmer, better.
Functions are your best friend when it comes to efficiency and R.A.D ... write once, deploy for the rest of your life !!!
Gaev

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:18 am

Thanks for your suggestions Peri, and thanks Gaev for your solutions. I have printed this topic and will add it to our list of things to be considered for future updates.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Apoleo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:09 am

Hola Peri,

In my opinion also lack another action to erase a list once and for all, without using loop.

I suppose that you refer about ListBox or ComboBox object. You can erase all elements without loops using:

A mi juicio también falta otra acción para borrar una lista de una vez, sin utilizar loop

Supongo que te refieres a los objetos ListBox o ComboBox. Puedes borrar todos los elementos sin bucles usando:

ListBoxDeleteItem "Lista" "All"

Saludos!
Apoleo

Postby Peri » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:02 am

Hi Gaev

Thank you for the solutions of loading a file once and for all in a list and also when erasing an entire list once and for all, I am beginner and I still have left a lot that to learn.

As for writing a list in a file, I am not satisfied with your solution. If I have understood well, you use 7 code lines with a loop between.

In my previous intervention he said "... without appealing to 2 actions to make the same thing". I make the same thing just by two code lines:

ListBoxGetItem "List1" "All" "[Items]"
FileWrite "[pubdir]list1.dat" "All" "![Items]"

Each item of the list will be separated with the sign |, reason why no longer it could load the file once and for all like in the example neoHOW3, for I have to use it several code lines: to read, to fraction chain, to make a loop; with that which I am in the same circumstance, I need several code lines.

Don't you believe that it would be better to only use a line?:

.. to write to a file
ListBoxFileWrite "mylist" "[pubdir]list1.dat"

.. and to read of a file
ListBoxFileRead "[pubdir]list1.dat" "[list]"

...of course, if it existed such actions.

Thank you Apoleo too.

Peri

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hola Gaev

Gracias por las soluciones de cargar un fichero en una lista de una vez y también al borrar toda una lista de una vez, soy novato y aún me queda mucho que aprender.

En cuanto a escribir una lista en un fichero, no me quedo satisfecho con tu solución. Si he entendido bien, usas 7 líneas de código con un loop en medio.

En mi anterior intervención decía "...sin recurrir a 2 acciones para hacer lo mismo". Yo hago lo mismo con sólo dos líneas de código:

Cada item de la lista estará separado con el signo |, por lo cual ya no podría cargar el fichero de una vez como en el ejemplo neoHOW3, para ello tengo que utilizar varias líneas de código: leer, fraccionar cadena, hacer un loop; con lo cual estoy en la misma circunstancia, necesito varias líneas de código.

¿No crees que sería mejor utilizar sólo una línea?:

..para escribir a un fichero

..y para leer de un fichero

por supuesto, si existieran tales acciones.

Gracias también a Apoleo.

Peri
Peri

Postby Gaev » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:24 am

Peri:
As for writing a list in a file, I am not satisfied with your solution. If I have understood well, you use 7 code lines with a loop between.

In my previous intervention he said "... without appealing to 2 actions to make the same thing". I make the same thing just by two code lines:

Yes you can do what i did with just two lines ... if that was all you were interested in doing ... perhaps I should have been more clear in my example on the website ... I took that example from from a Function I had created before, where with just one Call line, I can specify the range of items in the list that need to be written to file ... as this Help/Tip was for novices, I left out the part about selective saving of items ... but in any case, the important message is that ... by developing your own functions once, you save a lot of effort from then until eternity (or retirement, whichever comes first) ... you can make your custom designed functions as simple or as flexible as you like ... execution of 5 more lines of commands will not be noticeable to the user running your application ... the key is improved productivity at development time.

Each item of the list will be separated with the sign |, reason why no longer it could load the file once and for all like in the example neoHOW3, for I have to use it several code lines: to read, to fraction chain, to make a loop; with that which I am in the same circumstance, I need several code lines.

I am sorry but I don't really understand this point ... something is getting lost in the translation.

But if you are saying that doing a FileWrite of variable [items] stores the pipe character "|" as a separator ... which in turn messes up your FileRead later on ... you might consider ...
StrReplace "[Items]" "[#124]" "[#13][#10]" "[Items]"
... so when the data is stored on file, the pipe characters will be replaced by the codes for a new line.

Don't you believe that it would be better to only use a line?:

.. to write to a file

.. and to read of a file

...of course, if it existed such actions.

You are new to the forum so you might have missed some of my posts before ... but the reality is that developers have many many wishes ... if Dave tried to grant them all, it might take years ... so my position is that if a "wish" can be granted in another way (that does not consume Dave's time/effort), perhaps it can be considered first ... so Dave can work on the really hard stuff like ...

<joke>
peace on earth
turning sunlight to cheap energy
etc
</joke>

... and so my response to your suggestion was that you could have your wish without getting Dave to spend time on (yet) another native command ... which also adds to the "bloat" (larger .exe file).

So, yes you can do what you want with just one line ... only, that line starts with the word "Call" ... and you have the power to design that command whatever way you want ... and have it do whatever (combination of) other NeoBook commands allow you.
Gaev

Postby Peri » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:54 am

Hi Gaev

Partly I agree with you. This section of the forum calls himself Suggestions, and I suppose that Dave will keep in mind those suggestions that he likes more, precisely for this reason I decided to write them.

With the action Call a line is only used... well, but it is the same thing, since Call calls to several you line later, with that which NB requires to make a bigger effort.

What we are being debated could also transfer to other aspects of NB. That the final application is bigger in size..., we have the option of leaving NBPlayer outside.

My desire, and I suppose that that of all the people that write in this section of the forum, is to improve NB. If instead of writing 20 code lines, we write 3, I believe that it would be better for all us and for the new nebookers, since it would be easier to make the same thing. Our desires, I believe me, not that is to say to Dave what and how he has to improve NB. It is their creation. Of all our suggestions there will be some that Dave likes it, or it considers some that many users are requesting him.

I apologize for my English poor person.

Peri

--------------------------------------------------

Hi Gaev

En parte estoy de acuerdo contigo. Este apartado del foro se llama Sugerencias, y supongo que Dave tendrá en cuenta aquellas sugerencias que le gusten más, precisamente por esto decidí escribirlas.

Con la acción Call sólo se utiliza una línea... bien, pero es lo mismo, puesto que Call llama a varias lineas después, con lo cual NB requiere hacer un esfuerzo mayor.

Lo que estamos debatiendo se podía también trasladar a otros aspectos de NB. Que la aplicación final sea mayor en tamaño..., tenemos la opción de dejar fuera NBPlayer.

Mi deseo, y supongo que el de todas las personas que escriben en este apartado del foro, es mejorar NB. Si en lugar de escribir 20 líneas de código, escribimos 3, creo que sería mejor para todos nosotros y para los nuevos nebookers, puesto que sería más fácil hacer lo mismo. Nuestros deseos, creo yo, no es decir a Dave qué y cómo tiene que mejorar a NB. Es su creación. De todas nuestras sugerencias habrá alguna que le guste a Dave, o bien considere alguna que muchos usuarios le están pidiendo.

Pido disculpas por mi pobre inglés.

Peri
Peri

Return to NeoBook Suggestions